Lelit Bianca software upgrade

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
domi

Postby domi » Jun 10, 2019, 12:23 pm

This is what my Lelit Bianca displays when I start it:

Question: can the software (firmware?) be upgraded? If so, how (by user, dealer etc.)? Do all of you Bianca owners have the same version (mine shipped in March)?

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Jun 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

I have version 4.05 as well; I think that is the first shipped version. This version has the innovative wrinkle of overheating the brew boiler to speed up the cold start. This could also be used for warm starts and switching out of eco-mode; so that may be in future updates.

I do not know what would be involved in upgrading the firmware on machines in the field. I've posted a squib on the marketplace thread; and maybe JimP will be able to chime in.
Jim Schulman

domi

Postby domi » Jun 10, 2019, 5:00 pm

Thanks for confirming you're also on the same version!

I was aware of the existing thread on the Bianca, but 1) it's already very long (33 pages), and 2) it does not include "Bianca" in its subject line, making it more difficult for users to identify it as related to the Bianca later on, for instance when searching. Which is why I decided to start a new topic. Which is best practice / recommended?

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Jun 10, 2019, 5:10 pm

Management prefers short and to the point threads; since they easy to search and catalog. So you're golden, maybe even a future moderator :wink:
Jim Schulman

Nick1881

Postby Nick1881 » Jun 11, 2019, 5:37 am

My machine is only a few weeks old and also version 4.05.

The only little change I'd like to see is for the shot timer to display for just a little bit longer at the end of the shot, sometimes I'm busy watching the weight of my output and miss the time it was on.

I do wonder how an update would be loaded if there was one.

nodrac

Postby nodrac » replying to Nick1881 » Jun 11, 2019, 6:16 am

Yes, Shot timer could be longer. I miss timer sometimes.

thm655321

Postby thm655321 » Jun 11, 2019, 8:20 am

In addition to fixing any issues with it heating up from standby, I would like an easier/quicker method for toggling the steam boiler on and off. Easiest way I think would be to have the "+" button toggle it without having to go into the menu.

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » Jun 14, 2019, 11:19 am

domi wrote:This is what my Lelit Bianca displays when I start it:

<image>

Question: can the software (firmware?) be upgraded? If so, how (by user, dealer etc.)? Do all of you Bianca owners have the same version (mine shipped in March)?

This is the latest version firmware I see on our machines. The problem I foresee on users updating firmware is that it opens up a can of worms whereby hackers may change settings to the point that the machine will get damaged, blowup, not work at all, etc. Hence, I believe the lock down to lessen any liabilities. As far as I know, the entire display will need to be changed out. This is what a competitive manufacturer did when they upgraded the steam temp on their steam boilers.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » Jun 14, 2019, 11:21 am

Nick1881 wrote:My machine is only a few weeks old and also version 4.05.

The only little change I'd like to see is for the shot timer to display for just a little bit longer at the end of the shot, sometimes I'm busy watching the weight of my output and miss the time it was on.

I do wonder how an update would be loaded if there was one.

To clarify, you want the display to last a few seconds more of the shot clock after you bring the lever down?
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » Jun 14, 2019, 11:26 am

thm655321 wrote:In addition to fixing any issues with it heating up from standby, I would like an easier/quicker method for toggling the steam boiler on and off. Easiest way I think would be to have the "+" button toggle it without having to go into the menu.

With respect to heating from standby, in the USA 110 volts models, it can take up to 25-30 minutes. Personally, I just leave the showroom model running 24x7. The best is to install a WEMO.

As for the toggle switch, I can confirm this is not going to happen on the Bianca. This was a decision made in the development phase. This is one less component and there is less wiring in the machine to become defective. More and more European manufacturers are moving away from this second switch. I am sorry to be the messenger of non-positive news about this.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC