Lelit Bianca software upgrade - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sweaner

#31: Post by sweaner »

Quenthel wrote:Indeed, how can we order one? Can we buy one from Lelit directly?

The installation was dead simple, so I personally don't see a reason not to do it!
I am still looking for a real reason to do it!
Scott
LMWDP #248

Quenthel

#32: Post by Quenthel replying to sweaner »

For me, in order of importance it's
1) the ability to turn on and off the steam boiler easily (I like flat whites in the morning, straight espresso in the evening),
2) the retained dispensing time and
3) the the ability to "run on fumes" and not ruin a shot when the water is running out and I've forgotten about it.
My photographic portfolio: qphoto.gr

Quenthel

#33: Post by Quenthel »

So, Lelit came back to my request and they forwarded me to their Swiss distributors. If anyone is interested, here is the contact information I was given:

MESSINA COFFEE STORE info@messina.ch Mrs Sonia
Espressoworld Herr Fritz Neuenschwander fritz.neuenschwander@espressoworld.ch

Obviously, the ICC does not exist in stock on their websites, you'll have to contact them.
My photographic portfolio: qphoto.gr

another_jim
Team HB

#34: Post by another_jim »

I got this from Cristina Uzzi, Lelit's export sales director
For the US the new LCC will be available from 1st-line equipment. For Canada from https://www.edika.com/en/edika
In every country the main importer will have it available for sale.
Outside the US end customers can write to me to find out the local dealer, thank you!
Jim Schulman

thm655321

#35: Post by thm655321 »

Jim, Malwarebytes says the Canada link you posted has a trojan.

another_jim
Team HB

#36: Post by another_jim »

Nice catch. Even if it is a false alarm, they need to remove whatever code is causing the red flag (dollars to donuts, it's some bs flash player content) You may want to notify them with the details; cristina@lelit.com is the addie.
Jim Schulman

Cerberus

#37: Post by Cerberus »

nodrac wrote:Lelit will release software update but old (before 2020) Bianca owners need to change lcc part for software upgrade. You can not upgrade old lcc. Normal price about 50 euro but old bianca owners price about 30 euro.
Has anyone confirmed this? Based on the fact that the price of the Bianca has gone up $100 for V2, I would assume this is solely due to the upgraded LCC. If I can buy it for ~30 euro, I would pull the trigger, but $100 seems ridiculous (assuming you can buy the part).

tbackus27

#38: Post by tbackus27 replying to Cerberus »

From 1st Line: "Mauro said replacement upgraded V2 LCC units will be available hopefully by end of March. They will cost about $100 just as the price of the Version 2 went up $100, but we will have an alternative offer, as well. Please wait for details in an email from us."

1st-line
Sponsor

#39: Post by 1st-line »

another_jim wrote:I have the new display and will report on how much of a PITA it is installing it and how much of an improvement it is. The longer sshot time display might be nice. Higher steam boiler temps can be gotten by tweaking the offset parameter in the PID parameter menu (careful, don't go over 2.25 bar on the steam pressure gauge).

The big one is that they've fixed the idle bug -- putting the current setup into idle makes for a slower start than having it completely off, since they don't use the brew boiler overheating trick to speed up the thermosyphon loop's warm up time. Now they use this same process for every cold start, whether from idle or off.
Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time to test. Just to note, the steam boiler and safety valve are rated for 3 bar of pressure. A little secret by Lelit before they produced the first Bianca. So, no need to change the safety valve, and the boiler structural integrity also has been designed and manufactured for a minimum 3 bar pressure. I suggest not going over 2.75 if playing with the PID programming.

Mauro from Lelit hand delivered a new V2 LCC on January 13th when he visited us and broke the news about the incoming shipment was upgraded to V2. The new units started shipping from us on Jan 20, 2020 as Mauro wanted to test them here before shipping. We made a video together for installing it. A little bit of a pain.

As indicated, we are looking at March to have replacement V2 LCC for previous customers to upgrade. The expected price, we tried as best as possible to sharpen our pencil to, roughly $100.00. We will send an email to previous customers once we have more details.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

#40: Post by 1st-line »

Cerberus wrote:Has anyone confirmed this? Based on the fact that the price of the Bianca has gone up $100 for V2, I would assume this is solely due to the upgraded LCC. If I can buy it for ~30 euro, I would pull the trigger, but $100 seems ridiculous (assuming you can buy the part).
Thanks for the opinion. When you find it for ~30 Euros, please let me know as 1st-line would buy them in a heartbeat!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC