Lelit Bianca setup problems [Solved]

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MG

#1: Post by MG »

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine got a Lelit Bianca since I praised it. I had mine for roughly 5 weeks.

The problem: he just started the machine startup procedures. The machine's reservoir is full and his brew boiler has been filled. However he ran in to problems at step C.5 (page 14): When the LCC instructs the user to lower the lever. The machine somehow does not register the lever being lowered. The screen keeps displaying lower the lever even if it is already lowered. We even tried to reset the machine by holding (+) when its off then switching it on. It went through all steps but it got stuck again. This halts any heating up. This is an unfortunate first impression for my friend.

Hoping to find solutions. Thanks!

Update: machine replaced by distributor.

thirtycrows

#2: Post by thirtycrows »

MG wrote:Hey everyone,

A friend of mine got a Lelit Bianca since I praised it. I had mine for roughly 5 weeks.

The problem: he just started the machine startup procedures. The machine's reservoir is full and his brew boiler has been filled. However he ran in to problems at step C.5 (page 14): When the LCC instructs the user to lower the lever. The machine somehow does not register the lever being lowered. The screen keeps displaying lower the lever even if it is already lowered. We even tried to reset the machine by holding (+) when its off then switching it on. It went through all steps but it got stuck again. This halts any heating up. This is an unfortunate first impression for my friend.

Hoping to find solutions. Thanks!
Is the roller switch behind the lever stuck?

Advertisement
MG (original poster)

#3: Post by MG (original poster) replying to thirtycrows »

Hi. From the images he shared it seems normal. I asked him to film a video.

To clarify. Water does come out of the group head when the lever is raised and stops when lowered.

thirtycrows

#4: Post by thirtycrows »

MG wrote:Water does come out of the group head when the lever is raised and stops when lowered.
Was just an idea. It doesn't seem stuck. My switch looks the same as in the pictures. If the pump starts and stops with lever action then the switch is fine and the signal is evaluated by the control.

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

He probably needs to call the techs at his vendor to seen if they've have seen this glitch before. I had a glitch on start up (can't rememebr precisely where), it went away when I unplugged and replugged the machine (I think the PID panel stays powered on unless you do that).
Jim Schulman

MG (original poster)

#6: Post by MG (original poster) »

Update: machine replaced by distributer. No more problems

MG (original poster)

#7: Post by MG (original poster) »

another_jim wrote:He probably needs to call the techs at his vendor to seen if they've have seen this glitch before. I had a glitch on start up (can't rememebr precisely where), it went away when I unplugged and replugged the machine (I think the PID panel stays powered on unless you do that).
Followed this advice. Thanks