Lelit Bianca flow control range - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jeff
Team HB

#11: Post by Jeff »

Some of what you might be seeing is just the output capability of a vibe pump.

At 8 bar of pressure at the pump, 300 cc/min is 5 mL/s nominal flow

At 10 bar, that drops to around 200 cc/min, or 3.3 mL/s

From /downloads/ ... models.pdf

Ursego (original poster)

#12: Post by Ursego (original poster) »

dmau9600 wrote:Tha Lucca flow control is similar to the Bianca in that it has a limited range of motion, as the paddle touches the machine on open and closed. Although it's not as infinitely controllable as other flow control devices, I prefer the usability and predictability of this style.
What does it mean "it's not as infinitely controllable as other flow control devices"?

dmau9600

#13: Post by dmau9600 replying to Ursego »

If you go back to my original reply with the photo, you'll see that the Lucca FC knob is similar to the Bianca, in that it hits the machine body and only allows for roughly 5/8 of a turn.

Since this thread, I actually trimmed the knob down so that I can get full 360+ rotations on the knob. So now I have the ability to go fully closed, to fully opened (about 1 3/4 turns). So, this is what I meant by "infinite control", you get access to the full range of the needle valve.

Here are my flow rates (20s pulls)

1/4 - 61 (3g/s)
1/2 - 100 (5g/s)
3/4 - 134 (6.5g/s)
1 - 160 (8g/s)
1 1/4 - 180 (9g/s)
1 1/2 - 188 (9.5g/s)
1 3/4 - 190 (9.5g/s)

Ursego (original poster)

#14: Post by Ursego (original poster) »

dmau9600 wrote:I actually trimmed the knob down so that I can get full 360+ rotations
That only confuses (you cannot see if it's 1/4 or 1 1/4, for example). Any position larger than 1/2 is practically the same, 5/8 are more than enough, you always see where you are looking at the knob, and you don't need to move the paddle an extra way which gives almost no difference. Anyway, all the action happens in the last third. I have changed the small ball to a large paddle on my ECM Puristika (pictures), an I am happy with the 3/4 full range. In fact, I was using the same range with the small ball too, for convenience.

dmau9600

#15: Post by dmau9600 replying to Ursego »

I agree. Trimming the knob to access the "full range" was more of an experiment, but I have found in practice I am using about 3/4 turn range, making the modification not terribly useful.

I have an extra knob and will likely return to the "Bianca"-like configuration, because I too prefer the more visual feedback with the limited range.

Thanks for the conversation on this rather nascent topic!