Lelit Anita troubleshooting - lack of water volume through the group head

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Lelitcoffeekid

#1: Post by Lelitcoffeekid »

Hi there,
My Lelit Anita machine is not pushing enough water through the group head to build any pressure. There is some water dripping through but not enough volume to extract coffee.

Can someone help me resolve this problem?
Thanks

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

I am not really familiar with the Anita, but diagrams make it seem to be an Anna with a grinder in the box...

Does the pump work? With the steam tap open and the pump running, is there strong flow from the steam wand? Can you stop it with your thumb, or is the pump still strong? If the pump can still pump water through to the boiler so that it comes out of the steam wand, then the blockage is in the final section of the brew circuit, perhaps the brew valve (it has a small orifice) or in the heat exchange pipe.
Those things are made with flexible, teflon tubes in push-in fittings. With the machine still cool, before it has a chance to heat up and burn you, see how far the flow does go, pull a connection and run the pump for a split second. When you find the blockage clear it. Maybe start at the top of the heat exchange pipe and work backward.

kitt

#3: Post by kitt »

I find the quickest way to clear low flow with these machines is to use a strong descale solution, which requires no dismantling. Put both hoses from the tank in a small jug (200mls) of strong descale solution and run the pump till empty, best done while machine hot. This should clear the blockage and you'll then need to fully flush the boiler by running 1-2 tanks of water through the boiler till water tastes fine. Don't run the pump for longer than 45 sec's at a time.
If that doesn't work, Johns approach above is a good one as well

Lelitcoffeekid (original poster)

#4: Post by Lelitcoffeekid (original poster) »

Thanks to both of you for responding.
I was able to clear the blockage with a heavy descale solution.
Love your work!!

Portlandia

#5: Post by Portlandia »

Glad it worked out!