Lavazza Espresso Point Matinee - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sluflyer06

#21: Post by sluflyer06 »

I'm in my late 30s, we had one of these when I was a kid, I used it a LOT over the years and then it sat in storage closet for many years and I revived it for fun a couple years ago when my parents moved and it still worked, I just needed to descale it to get it good again.

They're very robust and not too bad really, they were quite pricey back when they came out but probably worth it.

MP2022

#22: Post by MP2022 »

Greetings! Are any of these machines still available for purchase?

slybarman (original poster)

#23: Post by slybarman (original poster) »

Hi Mario:

Greetings - I lived in York back in the 70s-80s.

None from the guy I bought this one from. They can be had on eBay (at a more market price).

#24: Post by slybarman (original poster) »

sluflyer06 wrote:I'm in my late 30s, we had one of these when I was a kid, I used it a LOT over the years and then it sat in storage closet for many years and I revived it for fun a couple years ago when my parents moved and it still worked, I just needed to descale it to get it good again.

They're very robust and not too bad really, they were quite pricey back when they came out but probably worth it.
As far as I know, it is the only pod that actually brews under pressure.

Swannynws

#25: Post by Swannynws »

I would like one but am in Fort Lauderdale. I work at NSU Military Affairs Veterans Resource Center and someone donated one to us but it no longer works and we tried everything to get it to work. If you like to help would greatly appreciate it.

Can reach out to me by email, Swansburg.Nicholas@knights.UCF.edu

#26: Post by slybarman (original poster) replying to Swannynws »

Hi Nicholas. did you look at the service manual i posted the link to? what sort of problem is your machine having?

Swannynws

#27: Post by Swannynws »

Don't have a service manual, and the machine just does not work at all. Not sure what the problem is.

#28: Post by slybarman (original poster) replying to Swannynws »

start with the simplest solution. service manual is linked in post #14.

pipopipo

#29: Post by pipopipo »

I have the chance to grab one of these in working condition for $ 80, should I pull the trigger?
Are refillable pods an option?

#30: Post by slybarman (original poster) replying to pipopipo »

sure, why not? if you don't like it you can't always resell it for more than that.

yes, i have seen the refillable pods for sale online. seems more trouble than it's worth to me, but you do you.