Latest & Greatest Custom Elektra 60's Classic

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Indie_Coffee

#1: Post by Indie_Coffee »

Hi, I'm new here but I'm a long standing espresso machine engineer and after 15 years on the road and in the cafes I've made the switch to be more focused in the workshop (coming up to 2 years cooped up now!!). This has allowed me to hone my skills a lot more and get set up much more towards the custom and restoration side of things, which these days I find a lot more interesting..

2 good friends of mine also happen to be my colleagues here who put in the long hours along side me to help get these things done!

Hopefully you guys will appreciate some of the machines we put out, as none of us get to see much of our girlfriends at the minute!! :D

Nice to meet you all, here's the latest Elektra. This one's going to be hard to beat, but I know the next one will be better!!

It's 15 years old, chassis was taken back to bare metal and rebuilt ground up with either perfectly restored and polished, or new and polished parts.. we stayed up until 2 o'clock one morning making the tools to be able to create the one piece rear surround (which happens to be bullet proof glass.. ) :lol: 8) pretty cool we thought, hope you like it too!

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

Funky blues. Nice artistic work. Nice job in making the old new in a sense.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Indie_Coffee (original poster)

#3: Post by Indie_Coffee (original poster) »

Cheers, I took plenty of pictures of this build so time permitting, I'll get it all in one place and do a bit of a write up..