La Valentina Group Gasket/Screen Falling

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ptrck2184

#1: Post by ptrck2184 »

Almost every morning when I wake up I find my group gasket/screen on the kitchen floor. When I go to attach the gasket to the grouphead, it feels like it is not snug and take a bit of fiddling with to catch. I have attached two pictures in the hopes that someone more advanced than me can identify the problem.

Do I just need to buy a new gasket?

Thanks guys!

ptrck2184 (original poster)

#2: Post by ptrck2184 (original poster) »

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

ptrck2184 wrote:Do I just need to buy a new gasket?
Probably. When did you last change it? Gaskets dry out and can shrink over time. BTW, you really need to clean that screen and water breaker. :shock:
Dan Kehn

ptrck2184 (original poster)

#4: Post by ptrck2184 (original poster) »

Never...purchased the machine approximately one year ago. It is used for 2-3 coffees per day. On for 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night. All day Saturday and Sunday.

I will source a replacement. Thanks Dan.

I know! I was almost embarrassed to post a photo after I saw what was there. :oops:

Spitz.me

#5: Post by Spitz.me »

This falling group gasket with screen is something I've experienced before with my La Valentina. Just change the gasket. Buy like 4 at a time, I find I'm going through gaskets fairly quickly with my La Val. My issue is that I think my whole machine gets way too hot and I think that's drying out my gasket faster. I can barely touch the top edges near the steam knob, it's REALLY hot.

Also, you should be backflushing with cafiza fairly regularly. You definitely ARE NOT.
LMWDP #670