La Spaziale owners - is this an OEM portafilter?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Paul_Pratt

#1: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I bought this as a supposed original part, can someone please just double check that it is the same as theirs please? I think the 4 raised dots on the inside would be the giveaway.

Thanks in advance, it's for a new project I am doing.

Abnuceals

#2: Post by Abnuceals »

Hi Paul,
Mine have six dots but otherwise, they are similar in every aspect.
But I also notice there is no circular spring in your PF. Some people remove them but I keep mine in place. Did they sell it separately ?
LMWDP 389

hamish5178

#3: Post by hamish5178 »

None of mine have dots but otherwise that looks exactly like all three of mine. I doubt the dots mean anything at all, if it fits, it fits.

It's worth noting that there have been several iterations of portafilter, at least three for the Vivaldis and I know the newer s5's have an entirely different handle (rectangular in cross section).

bean2friends

#4: Post by bean2friends »

Mine have 7 dots - but don't know what it signifies. I like to operate without the spring. I guess the thing you want to ensure is that your 53mm baskets fit okay.

Bob_McBob

#5: Post by Bob_McBob »

Mine has four raised dots that are spaced differently.
Chris

Whale

#6: Post by Whale »

I have a pair and both have 9 dots.
I think that the dots are a sort of way to keep track of the casting batch or mold used. It could be related to the foundry that did the job as well.
I keep the spring but I bent them so that the load is reduced and that the basket easily come off. I just want the basket to stay in when I bang the puck out.
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

Paul_Pratt (original poster)

#7: Post by Paul_Pratt (original poster) »

Thanks everyone. I also reckon the dots are a batch/foundry marker.

I am using this for measurements so I wanted to make sure it was OEM otherwise it would be an expensive mistake.