La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II timer help

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by blondica73 »

I was looking into adding a timer to my espresso machine so that the machine turns on by itself and warms up before I wake up. I have the La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II and I don't want to pay for the overpriced, ugly looking timer they offer. Are there other alternatives?

michael

#2: Post by michael »

I have the overpriced timer

try the Vivaldi forum; there's a post around somewhere that tells you how to do it; you can't use an off the shelf light timer 8)

lancealot

#3: Post by lancealot »

I have seen a few solutions posted on the Vivaldi forum. Good luck. The timer situation, the 53mm portafilter and to a much lesser degree, the comic sans are the reasons I opted for the BDB over the Vivaldi machine. It's a bummer because I think I'd much rather have the Vivaldi.

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

michael wrote:I have the overpriced timer

try the Vivaldi forum; there's a post around somewhere that tells you how to do it; you can't use an off the shelf light timer 8)
I tried registering for the S1Cafe forum, however, I don't seem to be able to due to not sorting the puzzle at the bottom of the registration page. I found a cool solution there, but I have a couple of questions for one of the guys there and cannot sign up.

michael

#5: Post by michael »

Try getting to Chas at the forum; seems to know everything about these machines 8)

Supporter ❤

#6: Post by blondica73 (original poster) replying to michael »

I guess I keep missing the following question: "What are the things required to make a good latte?" because I cannot register, keeps telling me that I missed the question.

cruiten

#7: Post by cruiten replying to blondica73 »

Supporter ❤

#8: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

cruiten wrote:<image>
Yeah, it worked. Thank you. :-)

Jwilly

#9: Post by Jwilly »

I hooked up a Wemo Maker to handle Vivaldi morning timer duties as well as allowing me to turn it on/off via my phone from anywhere. The s1cafe forums can guide you on which wires to connect it to on the front panel. It took a couple hours.

One surprise was that the Wemo actually fits inside the Vivaldi just above the circuit board and is powered by tieing into the 110V line inside, so you can't even see it. Total cost was about $55. You could also do the same thing with a rasberry pi for even less $ if you have time to code.

Tpero

#10: Post by Tpero replying to Jwilly »

Care to share your wemo setup? Pictures/wiring details would be much appreciated. Looking for a similar solution.