La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini - Page 25

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tiji78

#241: Post by tiji78 »

I thought it was mandatory as it is the cover that is protecting the scale against "hot water"

BaristaBob

#242: Post by BaristaBob »

jwcinsd wrote:Wow, it absolutely helps. All of my wooden and brass-plated parts are Pantechnicon, but I don't know if my drip tray is. It was purchased a long time ago.

Either way, water easily flows over it. I am going to buy the BBW Lunar today. Thanks so much!
So could you drill a few 0.25 inch holes in the bottom of the Pantechnicon center piece to minimize the collection of water?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#243: Post by Jshot »

Jaroslav wrote:It fits, but closes the gap on each side which isn't ideal. I don't use it.
Thanks
I've been using the Pantechnicon drip tray for several years. The cutout is pretty small and if I use the silicone cover as intended, it interferes with the scales operation. I end up flipping the cover upside down, but that's cumbersome. I personally do not like the scratchy, hard plastic sound of using the scale "naked "

I'm upgrading to the new scale and LM custom drip tray and still want to use a cover.

jwcinsd

#244: Post by jwcinsd »

BaristaBob wrote:So could you drill a few 0.25 inch holes in the bottom of the Pantechnicon center piece to minimize the collection of water?
The problem is not the drainage below, but as JShot says in the post above the clearance around the scale is the bottleneck. Especially when using the silicone protection topper which fits over the side. I am making a 4 little risers for the 4 corners. The scale won't be flush, but it won't be sitting on the tray either. I'm just not loving the workflow because after I make a shot I like to flush and brush the grouphead screen but I keep having to move the scale in and out so it might even be easier without the scale insert. I used to just flush over the scale, but that scale got waterlogged and died so with this new BBW $400 scale I'm being overly cautious.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#245: Post by Jshot replying to jwcinsd »

For years now I've gotten into the habit of keeping a bowl or large latte mug on the scale. In between shots and when I flush it's there. The scale stays dry and I empty the drip tray less often.

BaristaBob

#246: Post by BaristaBob replying to Jshot »

That's a nice trick. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new LMLM-R. I think the clearance from a bottomless PF to the tray with a Acaia Lunar on top is tight for my favorite mugs (mug plus scale = 4.5"). So a tray with a recessed scale would solve that problem as long as I'm not flooding out scales on a routine basis. :?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

jwcinsd

#247: Post by jwcinsd »

Jshot wrote:For years now I've gotten into the habit of keeping a bowl or large latte mug on the scale. In between shots and when I flush it's there. The scale stays dry and I empty the drip tray less often.
So simple, so brilliant!

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#248: Post by Jshot »

Can someone confirm that the bbw scale pairs with the Acaia coffee app?

I'm having difficulty syncing the new scale to my LM and LM and Acaia support are giving conflicting information.

Jaroslav

#249: Post by Jaroslav replying to Jshot »

It doesn't, no.
Jaroslav

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#250: Post by Jshot »

Thanks!

Turns out that in order to sync the scale with the LM the first time, the Location Services need to be "on".

Btw, while this a fairly expensive feature, it's very, very cool.