La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RJB83
Supporter ♡

#231: Post by RJB83 »

stump007 wrote:Having a Lunar 2, I had zero interest in the brew by weight... but what you describe may make me change my mind... So basically you just need to turn the paddle, no more need to press the tare or timer button?
That is correct.

cb
Supporter ♡

#232: Post by cb »

stump007 wrote:Having a Lunar 2, I had zero interest in the brew by weight... but what you describe may make me change my mind... So basically you just need to turn the paddle, no more need to press the tare or timer button?
Yes. I place the cup and it tares automatically. Then I move the paddle and the timer starts automatically and stops automatically when it reaches the desired weight.

Jaroslav

#233: Post by Jaroslav »

cb wrote:I place the cup and it tares automatically.
Yours tares already when you place the cup on top? Mine only tares once I move the paddle.
Jaroslav

cb
Supporter ♡

#234: Post by cb replying to Jaroslav »

See the hack I described at La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

EDIT: Rereading your post, I wasn't aware that the default mode actually tares when moving the paddle. That's perfect.

og_amer

#235: Post by og_amer »

Jaroslav wrote:You too have Pantechnicon's mod. I'd recommend the same with this particular mod, it's a bad design.

I can only recommend La Marzocco's own drip tray for this, as it provides a lot more clearance for water to run freely and has plenty of gaps allowing water to escape.

Do you have a picture of your scale on this drip tray (in its dedicated slot) taken from a farther distance? Would love to see how it looks like from standing height. Thanks.

Jaroslav

#236: Post by Jaroslav replying to og_amer »

Higher resolution here
Jaroslav

tiji78

#237: Post by tiji78 »

Jaroslav wrote:Yours tares already when you place the cup on top? Mine only tares once I move the paddle.
I received mine after months of patience. they apparently sold a lot... Same behavior here and that is perfect for my workflow. it works like a charm, switch mini and scale on, it syncs alone and taring at start with counter (preinfusion included) and stopping at dose weight without using the app at every shot. it was impossible mission to stop the flow manually every time at the same dose. I am very happy with this enhancement even if it is an expensive one. Now I need to buy the LM drip tray if I can find one in my country...
what I find also really nice is that the app switches off the scale automatically as soon as you put the LM on standby.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#238: Post by Jshot »

Could someone confirm if the scale comes with the silicone L-shaped cover. If so, does it fit properly while scale is in the La Marzocco custom drip tray?

Thanks

beans+crumble

#239: Post by beans+crumble »

It comes with everything the non brew by weight Lunar comes with which includes the silicone pad. I don't have the drip try insert so someone else will have to confirm it's fit.

Jaroslav

#240: Post by Jaroslav »

Jshot wrote:If so, does it fit properly while scale is in the La Marzocco custom drip tray?
It fits, but closes the gap on each side which isn't ideal. I don't use it.

Jaroslav