La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini - Page 23

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RawDog

#221: Post by RawDog »

This arrived today all the way from Germany. Thank you Torben. Great packaging and shipping.
Does anybody here actually drink espresso?

Jaroslav
Supporter ♡

#222: Post by Jaroslav replying to RawDog »

Grafikus Torben? Nice! I know I mentioned this before, but I'd recommend you stick the rubber strips this way for better water flow:

Jaroslav

RawDog

#223: Post by RawDog »

Yes! Torben at Grafikus coffee.

I saw your post on the rubber pads, and will be applying them exactly as you have them positioned, so the chance of water intrusion into the scale will be mitigated. Thank you for the photo
Does anybody here actually drink espresso?

jwcinsd

#224: Post by jwcinsd »

I got my Brew By Weigh scale about 2 weeks ago and it's performed flawlessly. Yes, a bit silly and expensive, but so was the machine, the grinder.... it's worth it for me. Thanks to all for the advice!

cb
Supporter ♡

#225: Post by cb »

Do you need to use the app every time you want to brew by weight (like auto back flushing) or does the machine brew to your set weight in the app every time you engage the pump if the scale is turned on?

Jaroslav
Supporter ♡

#226: Post by Jaroslav replying to cb »

No, you just turn on the scale and wait for it to connect to the machine and brew. It remembers what dose you selected in the app. The only time you need the app is to change the parameters and to choose between single/double.
Jaroslav

cb
Supporter ♡

#227: Post by cb »

I started using the brew-by-weight scale today. It's an expensive but nice addition to the LMLM. If you use the auto-tare mode where timer is supposed to start with flow (mode 4), you'll get auto-tare of the cup but the timer will actually be started as soon as you move the paddle - which is exactly what I want but there wasn't a specific mode for this so this is a workaround to achieve that.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#228: Post by OK31 »

RawDog wrote:image

This arrived today all the way from Germany. Thank you Torben. Great packaging and shipping.
This can also be purchased from espresso coffee shop based in Italy. was browsing for unrelated items and came across the I guess official LM European version.

Roo

#229: Post by Roo »

RawDog wrote:image

La Marzocco Melbourne Australia has them in stock too.

stump007

#230: Post by stump007 »

cb wrote:I started using the brew-by-weight scale today. It's an expensive but nice addition to the LMLM. If you use the auto-tare mode where timer is supposed to start with flow (mode 4), you'll get auto-tare of the cup but the timer will actually be started as soon as you move the paddle - which is exactly what I want but there wasn't a specific mode for this so this is a workaround to achieve that.
Having a Lunar 2, I had zero interest in the brew by weight... but what you describe may make me change my mind... So basically you just need to turn the paddle, no more need to press the tare or timer button?