La Marzocco posted a countdown timer - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
KyleDrinksCoffee (original poster)

#21: Post by KyleDrinksCoffee (original poster) »

I was talking with a rep of La Marzocco Home today, and he mentioned that all the new GS3 and Linea Mini's that are in their inventory have a label on the box that states they work with the app.

Thought this was interesting! I'm placing an order for my White Linea soon! Dealing with La Marzocco has been amazing!

BladeAndStone
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by BladeAndStone »

dsblv wrote:The kit is likely to include a new controller board that includes Bluetooth connectivity along with new hardware and software functions. The "old" controller board sells for $375. The new board will likely go for more given the new capabilities being added. I hope we don't have to endure endless discussions on how much LM should be selling the new board for. The price is going to be what's necessary for LM to recoup their development and manufacturing costs and make a profit. Companies don't price products based on wishful thinking by their customers.
Thank god someone said this. Way more eloquently than I. Bravo.

Everyone. You're in an expensive hobby. Get over it.

okcomputer

#23: Post by okcomputer »

KyleDrinksCoffee wrote:I was talking with a rep of La Marzocco Home today, and he mentioned that all the new GS3 and Linea Mini's that are in their inventory have a label on the box that states they work with the app.

Thought this was interesting! I'm placing an order for my White Linea soon! Dealing with La Marzocco has been amazing!

Interesting, I wonder what functionality the app will have on a GS3 MP.

bluesman

#24: Post by bluesman »

KyleDrinksCoffee wrote: Dealing with La Marzocco has been amazing!
Yes indeed! After attending the LMLM "road show" when it first came to Philly and getting to play with the machines at the Seattle LM cafe, I'd decided I'd get one when we retired and downsized from our house. But when retirement happened, my wife and I got harshly realistic about finances and decided that $5k was too much for us to spend on a machine.

Even though we haven't bought an LM machine after all that, we love their accessories and have bought a fair amount of stuff - e.g. their black and white towels grace our kitchen, and the LM gray handleless ceramic cups are our daily drinkers - we love them! We have close, lifelong friends in Seattle so we hit the cafe every time we're there, and everybody working there has been as nice and helpful as possible. And when buying from home, Dave really goes out of his way to make sure that questions are answered and needs are met. He and the rest of the crew actually care about customers and even potential customers as people! I even called their tech line once with a question that I couldn't get answered by my dealer or ECM about my own machine, explaining that I was not an LM owner - and, of course, I got the correct answer from someone a lot more pleasant than my dealer was about the issue.

The LMLM bug hasn't left me, and being treated so nicely by LM despite not buying a machine from them really makes me wish we'd gotten one. This too may happen, and soon - I'm not getting any younger :wink:

sshire

#25: Post by sshire »

My Linea Mini arrived today! I spoke with Chris at LM and he said that any machine ordered in the last month will have the Bluetooth board.
Since my machine didn't arrive in Seattle until Feb 18, I should be good.
Interesting piece of the manual here confirms this

HB
Admin

#26: Post by HB »

Those following this thread may wish to read sshire's La Marzocco Linea Mini - New features.
Dan Kehn