La Marzocco Linea Mini water reservoir volume - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
isabelo

#11: Post by isabelo »

I can see the water reservoir level (when getting low) just by peeking from underneath the drain tray. If the level is touching the higher probe contact, then it's time to refill. Refilling the reservoir every morning and dispensing the spent water from the drain tray after use has not been an issue for me.

ben8jam

#12: Post by ben8jam »

Yeh I just peak under the tray and fill when required. Though I have thought of doing something like the previous post and using an external tank. Could I just run a long hose down to a bottle of Crystal Geyer on the floor?

RikC

#13: Post by RikC »

@ben8jam,

Yes, likely. If you would connect the water level contacts to disable the water level sensor (thats how LM does it with their plumbing kit). Use a 6mm joint and 10mm external diameter transparent hose (not silicone). Just make sure enough water remains in the tank at all times then.

The nice thing about having it next to the machine is that you can easily use it to fill both reservoirs. I even have a filter basket under the filler cap to make sure no debris can go in. And the cap has a vent to allow suction from the machine.