La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 90

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Nightstar

#891: Post by Nightstar »

What about your line pressure, 'cause it's plumbed in?
LMLM with Grafikus Mod (gear pump), Ceado E37S

pcrussell50

#892: Post by pcrussell50 replying to Nightstar »

Line pressure:
1) I have mine regulated down to about 2 1/2 bar. I did this at first because it's easier on my softener filter.

2) But now, I use it in conjunction with my needle valve for long low debit pre infusion, before turning on the pump.

3) I also use it for a pre heating the cup and for a low pressure back flush with a blind basket after every session.

4) And finally... I still have a shutoff valve after the softener and before the pump, which I use to shut off water to the pump and machine before bed every night and before the house is vacated for trips etc...

-Peter
LMWDP #553

jpsm

#893: Post by jpsm »

Anyone using it extensively i.e commercial setting/popup? How is the performance so far? Would love to hear from owners who had the machine for a year ++. Thanks!

nucleo

#894: Post by nucleo »

Hello,

I've not been using my Linea Mini for 3 days (turned off) and reacted that the pressure gauge reader was indicating 3 bar.

I pulled 2 shots today and had it running for a while and turned it off. 5 hours later and the indicator has parked at 3 bar. When pulling the shots the reader went to 9 bar.

As far as I like to remember the pressure gauge always indicated on 0 bar when I turned the machine off (an it had cooled down).

Can you help me verify that is the case with your machine, when turned off and cooled down it shows 0 bar?

My machine is 3,5 months old and I'm using the water reservoir.

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#895: Post by blondica73 replying to nucleo »

Is it plumbed in? If yes, then it is normal if that is the water pressure coming from the filter system (assuming there's a filter system with a pressure regulator).

nucleo

#896: Post by nucleo replying to blondica73 »

No, it's not plumbed in.
Filling water manually in the tank.

rg60614

#897: Post by rg60614 »

I have the same thing occasionally (3 bar) while turned off and i assumed that was normal. Is it not?

aidant87

#898: Post by aidant87 »

Hello,

I had my white LMLM for roughly 2 years and so far its been excellent.

However, on the weekend the LM had an unusual startup, it was turned on for roughly 1.5 hours, steam and brew pressure is stable (1.4 bar and 12 bar pressure).

When I flipped the paddle for a flush, steam came out of the brew group for a good 5 secs then dissipates, checked my temp wheel and it was not moved, I proceed to pull a shot after and nothing was wrong. Till this morning, I have not encountered it again.

Question is should I be sending it for a check or is there something I can inspect on now?

Thanks guys!

misterjaayy

#899: Post by misterjaayy »

isabelo wrote:My Linea Mini arrived yesterday afternoon. It took a lot of careful unpacking; setting it up; reading documentation; going out to buy some good beans; and learning how to use the scale. So here it is standing beside my trusty single dose grinder - I mean - single bean grinder :lol: . image
I have yet to dial in my grinding efforts so I can take a good sip of home made espresso/latte. Cheers!
I was looking at getting the BT wedge and Statesman tamper but I was going to get them directly from SAI. How do you like both pieces; the tamper specifically?

Since I can't get my hands on one I'm a little hesitant but it looks great and appears like it would be comfortable to hold and use.

Great looking setup by the way...I have my SS Mini coming next week.

Lev16

#900: Post by Lev16 »

Hi folks,

Having some analysis paralysis regarding stainless steel vs white machine. For those who own the SS version, can you comment on how hard it is to keep clean. Curious about smudges and stains over time. I'm coming from a Rancilio Silvia that has permanent stains and looks kinda blah at this point. While it's nice that LM gives us options, they made it hard to pick! :)