La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 76

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
keno (original poster)

#751: Post by keno (original poster) »

alanscoffeebar wrote:I'm curious to know what is the distance between only the feet/legs depth wise? I have no problem with the width but if I decide to upgrade to the Linea Mini I'm hoping it would fit on a specific custom table that I'm currently using as a coffee bar. Thanks!
Back of the back foot to front of the front foot is 14 1/2 inches. Center to center the distance is 13 1/4 inches.

ben8jam

#752: Post by ben8jam »

redhood wrote:Hi,

I noticed that the pump on my Linea Mini does not stop on time when filling the steam boiler or running water through the group, resulting in sucking in air.

The problem can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hcrMuVoOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCVu6S81uw

Did someone else notice this issue with their machine or could maybe try to reproduce it, eg by letting water run through the group starting with an almost empty water reservoir?
Yeh mine does this too. The probe in the tank seems to pull up just the smallest amount of water allowing the circuit to stay open even when the water level is just at the intake hose.

Advertisement
thirdshifter

#753: Post by thirdshifter »

I noticed this too -- as the water reservoir gets low, the pump will start to sound a bit noisier for a second or two before the pump shuts off and the blue light starts to blink.

Is this a problem?

RikC

#754: Post by RikC »

Is the machine placed completely straight? The water inlet is on the left side of the reservoir. The electrical sensor on the right...

alanscoffeebar

#755: Post by alanscoffeebar »

keno wrote:Back of the back foot to front of the front foot is 14 1/2 inches. Center to center the distance is 13 1/4 inches.
Thank you

trent526

#756: Post by trent526 »

CausticGuy wrote:I posted this separately but I'm really liking it and recommend this mod to anyone! The ACE dot shot. Comes in lots of colors, I have the yellow. <image>
I'm on the fence between a black or SS Mini. I'm concerned about the matte finish of the black and if it is difficult to clean dirt and oils off of the finish. Can you give me an idea of what your experience has been?

tglodjo

#757: Post by tglodjo replying to trent526 »

I'm not sure if the black is different than the finish on my white LMLM (I'm assuming not), so there shouldn't be any concern about cleaning. The finish is actually semi-gloss. Really easy to clean, though the only part I have to clean regularly is the SS backsplash in the brew area.

Advertisement
sluflyer06

#758: Post by sluflyer06 replying to tglodjo »

The black finish is matte, the white (which I have as well) is your typical painted and clearcoated finish. The matte will be harder to clean but I haven't heard of anyone complaining about it and it looks nice.

tglodjo

#759: Post by tglodjo replying to sluflyer06 »

Thanks for clarifying! I had no idea they have different finishes.

sluflyer06

#760: Post by sluflyer06 replying to tglodjo »

3 basically. Black/Matte, the polished stainless, and the the colors are all normal paint jobs with clearcoat.