La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 193

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RawDog

#1921: Post by RawDog »

For the 'connected' Mini, does the app ever show a shot timer? Just wondering as I have never found one on the app, but If I recall correctly, I read that once you activate the paddle, a connected phone display shows a shot timer?

I have a Luminaire timer, plus the one on the Lunar scale (using mode 4) so a third isn't necessary, just wondering??
Does anybody here actually drink espresso?

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1922: Post by OK31 »

Yes, if you have the app open as you flip the paddle it will show the timer. If you open app mid shot it will catch up and show as well

RawDog

#1923: Post by RawDog »

Thank you.

What screen should I be on? The app main display screen with status/settings/auto on-off/stats never changes.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1924: Post by OK31 »

I don't think it matters, I'm pretty sure it takes over the app when the paddle is on and the shot is flowing.

sboplataz
Supporter ♡

#1925: Post by sboplataz »

I'll confirm, just tried it. With the app just opened, not on any particular screen, connected to the machine, the in app shot timer took over when the paddle was activated.

Edit: after seeing the two posts below, wanted to add my machine and phone were on the same wifi. That's probably it.

RawDog

#1926: Post by RawDog »

Thanks Gents. I will try it again when I turn the machine on.

Figured out why I have never seen the shot timer on the application: I don't have Wi-Fi.

Jake_G
Team HB

#1927: Post by Jake_G replying to RawDog »

I happened to check this today on the Micra without wifi.

No wifi, no shot timer. :x
LMWDP #704

Nyles855

#1928: Post by Nyles855 »

Anyone have inconsistencies with shot timing?

I have the grafikus mod installed, so maybe it's linked to that, but sometimes with the same exact grind setting (and I'd like to think consistent puck prep) my shot will take 24 seconds or 40 seconds.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes I pre-flush the grouphead before putting in the portafilter and other times I don't.

Anyone else experience that wide of a variance on timing? My beans are pretty new too, so that could be it.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1929: Post by OK31 »

If your dose and grind setting never changes the only thing maybe would be that transition point in bean life. I have a hopper full and when about half way or so through end up having to adjust the grind up or down just a hair. If you have the inconsistency between consecutively pulled shots then I'd be curious about grinder and maybe machine repeatability.

Nyles855

#1930: Post by Nyles855 »

Yeah, I'm hoping it's my beans, since they're less than a week off roast. Was just curious if anyone else had experienced machine inconsistencies with/without the grafikus pi mod.