La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 171

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jake_G
Team HB

#1701: Post by Jake_G »

Yeah, but I believe we have proved that the low water cutoff still works when plumb in is enabled and that there is enough water in the tank to safely finish a shot when it gets below the sensor.

So I think we're good...
LMWDP #704

malabargold

#1702: Post by malabargold »

This recent conversation has given me enough courage today to test preinfusion off my reservoir. So far i'm liking it much more than the pre-brew feature. I have no desire to turn it off :D

Jshot

#1703: Post by Jshot »

Has anyone measured the flow rate of this Preinfusion? I roughy measured 1 oz in 5 sec, so about 6g/sec or 5.7ml/sec

Or should I refer to this as pre-wetting?

Zoobee

#1704: Post by Zoobee »

malabargold wrote:This recent conversation has given me enough courage today to test preinfusion off my reservoir. So far i'm liking it much more than the pre-brew feature. I have no desire to turn it off :D
It's noticeably better to me too. I'm not sure the pre-brew was actually all that useful.

Zoobee

#1705: Post by Zoobee »

Jake_G wrote:Yeah, but I believe we have proved that the low water cutoff still works when plumb in is enabled and that there is enough water in the tank to safely finish a shot when it gets below the sensor.

So I think we're good...
Frankly I think it's not great that being plumbed in means no low water safety. Again it's less harmful for Minis than Micras, but what if there's an issue with your plumbed-in source, filter, etc? Wouldn't you automatically damage your machine?

jaygray

#1706: Post by jaygray »

Maybe one of the reviewers can stress test it to see if it always stops.

Just makes me wonder why they wouldn't replace the pre-brew feature with this. On reservoir, their app could easily cap pre-infusion to a max of 3-5 sec for safety. Or even just set it to a static value like pre-brew.

Zoobee

#1707: Post by Zoobee replying to jaygray »

I like 10 seconds for my light roasts so I hope they don't do it that way. All they need to do is retain the low-water safety. It seems to be a simple software/firmware issue.

PaulTheRoaster

#1708: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

Zoobee wrote:Frankly I think it's not great that being plumbed in means no low water safety. Again it's less harmful for Minis than Micras, but what if there's an issue with your plumbed-in source, filter, etc? Wouldn't you automatically damage your machine?
I would bet that the steam boiler element shuts off either immediately during a refill or after x seconds. If you're brewing a shot when limescale or who knows what prevents water from entering the machine, hopefully you'll notice quickly enough. I don't think it's *that* easy to kill the machine - the first time I turned on my Micra there was of course no water (or very little water) in either boiler.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1709: Post by OK31 »

Per LM if you start a shot and mid shot run out the shot should still finish in reservoir mode. This would suggest that based on the 1 minute cutoff and the calculation of water they calculate there to be enough in the boiler. The only issue would then be sucking air in from reservoir which can like in my case cause a slight drop in pressure. To remediate that simply tilt machine forward while running a shot I guess to help purge the air.

This was not done intentionally nor with pre infusion enable but sounds like it may be relevant here. For the LMLú maybe the calculation is different? From my brief conversation with LM at the open house it sounds like they are doing some stuff to prevent the unfortunate few from taking action against them due to user error.

Jshot

#1710: Post by Jshot »

OK31 wrote:Per LM if you start a shot and mid shot run out the shot should still finish in reservoir mode. This would suggest that based on the 1 minute cutoff and the calculation of water they calculate there to be enough in the boiler
I've had the unfortunate experience of having the blue light start the blink right after the shot begins, only to have the pump stop during the shot. :cry: :cry: