La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 169

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Zoobee

#1681: Post by Zoobee »

malabargold wrote:It would be fantastic if LM would enable preinfusion off the reservoir. Has anyone here asked what their stance is on making this available in the future?
I spoke to support and they said the company only wants "plumb-ins" to officially have preinfusion. An unsatisfying response which I hope they will reconsider. When your product already has features that make it more competitive in the market it just seems silly not to take advantage of that.

malabargold

#1682: Post by malabargold »

Is there any downside to the preinfusion capabilities in your testing of the feature off the reservoir? I'm wondering if there could still be some risk or at least a difference to reservoir pre infusion vs line pressure if LM does not want to officially support it.

Do you know if it can run for the full 25 seconds if desired? Can it be utilized back to back or is a recharge of the steam pressure needed between shots?

oriboaz

#1683: Post by oriboaz »

Zoobee wrote:I spoke to support and they said the company only wants "plumb-ins" to officially have preinfusion. An unsatisfying response which I hope they will reconsider. When your product already has features that make it more competitive in the market it just seems silly not to take advantage of that.
In the other thread (La Marzocco Linea Mini (and presumably Micra) preinfusion) you said that LM support also said that there is no risk of damage for a non-plumbed in machine so long as the reservoir is full. It's very curious, then, that they do not want people to use this feature for non-plumbed in machines. I don't understand why.

Zoobee

#1684: Post by Zoobee »

malabargold wrote:Is there any downside to the preinfusion capabilities in your testing of the feature off the reservoir? I'm wondering if there could still be some risk or at least a difference to reservoir pre infusion vs line pressure if LM does not want to officially support it.

Do you know if it can run for the full 25 seconds if desired? Can it be utilized back to back or is a recharge of the steam pressure needed between shots?
I have wondered if there's a difference, but I have nothing to compare it to. These are my first experiences with preinfusion ever. (Before this I had a Silvia for two decades.) All I can say is I had a light roast that was noticeably improved using a 10 seconds preinfusion setting. Pre-brew didn't achieve the same results. Beyond that, others will need to weigh in!

Zoobee

#1685: Post by Zoobee »

oriboaz wrote:In the other thread (La Marzocco Linea Mini (and presumably Micra) preinfusion) you said that LM support also said that there is no risk of damage for a non-plumbed in machine so long as the reservoir is full. It's very curious, then, that they do not want people to use this feature for non-plumbed in machines. I don't understand why.
Yeah it was weird and along the lines of "the company's vision for the Linea line is minimal customization/tinkering, set and forget". (I guess that's where the GS3 comes in?) Like I said, an unsatisfying explanation. Hope they reconsider!

Jaroslav
Supporter ♡

#1686: Post by Jaroslav »

oriboaz wrote:So, this is pretty repeatable so far:
1. Force exit the app (iPhone/iPad)
2. Open the app, go to settings -> Pre Brewing & Pre Infusion
3. Swipe from bottom to go back to main screen
4. Immediately go into the app.

These steps are repeatable, and have so far worked well on both my iPhone and my iPad. The key is not to "go back" from the pre-infusion screen to the settings screen.
This is super helpful, thank you and Zoobee for spotting this! Now make sure to disable automatic app updates :)
Jaroslav

Jshot

#1687: Post by Jshot »

I tried this with it set for 5 seconds and that yielded about 1oz of water. Made for a nice extraction of my B&W Natural. Only thing is I'm not able to duplicate the settings where "plumbed in" if off and "preinfusion" is on.

Any tips?

Zoobee

#1688: Post by Zoobee »

Jshot wrote:Only thing is I'm not able to duplicate the settings where "plumbed in" if off and "preinfusion" is on.

Any tips?
Did you try oriboaz's detailed instructions above?
oriboaz wrote: So, this is pretty repeatable so far:
1. Force exit the app (iPhone/iPad)
2. Open the app, go to settings -> Pre Brewing & Pre Infusion
3. Swipe from bottom to go back to main screen
4. Immediately go into the app.

These steps are repeatable, and have so far worked well on both my iPhone and my iPad. The key is not to "go back" from the pre-infusion screen to the settings screen.

Jshot

#1689: Post by Jshot »

I followed the directions but it's not clear to me at which point would I make the plumbed in and preinfusion changes in the app.

Cannot get the plumbed in to slide off without it turning of preinfusion too

Jaroslav
Supporter ♡

#1690: Post by Jaroslav replying to Jshot »

I've recorded the steps for you:
Make sure both Plumb-In and Pre-Infusion are turned off before you follow the steps, let us know if it works. I assume we're all using iOS 16 and app version 2.1.4.
Jaroslav
★ Helpful