La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 153

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jaroslav

#1521: Post by Jaroslav »

OK31 wrote:Alas lemon 1 stainless steel haze 0. Lemon wins again.
The same goes for the portafilter - if you notice that the (spouted stainless steel) portafilter has a slight yellow/brown shade to it compared to the grouphead (even after Cafiza bath), dip it in some lemon juice+hot water for few minutes.
Jaroslav

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1522: Post by OK31 replying to Jaroslav »

Gospel lol

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1523: Post by OK31 »

How does everyone feel about the liftoff legs both practically and aesthetically? Do they help enough with the lift for getting better access to the group? The easier cleaning and better angle for drainage isn't an issue yet so I'm looking at it purely aesthetically and group/tray access. Also with a black unit what is everyone's opinion on stainless or black for the legs?

Jaroslav

#1524: Post by Jaroslav »

OK31 wrote:How does everyone feel about the liftoff legs both practically and aesthetically?
I've bought black coated 50mm legs from Grafikus. It's nice to have the machine higher, but these legs look sort of thin and funny after a while so I went back to the stock rubber feet. It looks weird, probably because the machine seems taller than wider if you know what I mean, sort of distorts Linea's low profile design, but at the same time it feels nice to have the machine 50mm off the table. Some pictures for reference:

Jaroslav

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1525: Post by OK31 replying to Jaroslav »

Ah great thanks for the pics very helpful. I see you also have the cup rail. I was thinking the pantechnicon legs and maybe their rail but can't justify the spend on a non functional accessory. Btw nice clean setup you got. Makes me realize I really need to clean mine up.

Jaroslav

#1526: Post by Jaroslav »

I think you'd get over the legs quickly, for some reason they all seem so thin and small compared to the machine. The legs do however help with noise and vibrations, I like that. Thank you, I'm slowly running out of space with the addition of another Mazzer Mini :)

I was hoping someone would copy high legs from the Linea PB, that would look very nice indeed.

Jaroslav

OK31
Supporter ♡

#1527: Post by OK31 »

Yes I know exactly what you mean they're just positioned so inward kind of like a Ferrari on a donut with the tall legs. What made you get the grafikus instead of pantechnicon? USA vs local? Do you like the cup rail?

stump007

#1528: Post by stump007 »

Curious where did you get this linea pb style rail?

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#1529: Post by Jshot »

I have the lower profile legs from pantechnicon. They look good to me.

Jaroslav

#1530: Post by Jaroslav »

OK31 wrote:What made you get the grafikus instead of pantechnicon? USA vs local? Do you like the cup rail?
Honestly I don't care where it's from as long as it's good quality and looks good. Grafikus legs looked the best for me on pictures, but all these legs that are available look sort of thin in person. I thought about getting the shorter Pantechnicon legs (black) instead, but maybe I'll wait until someone makes PB-style legs (or maybe even go as far as having these custom made). Having the machine 50mm off the bench feels amazing. Oh yeah, the cup rail grew on me immediatelly and I never took it off. The machine looks funny without it now, as if it was missing a forehead or something.
stump007 wrote:Curious where did you get this linea pb style rail?
The cup rail is made by Artpresso Design. In my opinion the best looking cup rail you can get for the Linea Mini.
Jaroslav