La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 146

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
OK31
Supporter ♡

#1451: Post by OK31 »

Glad it's not just me. Really annoying though

JZ42

#1452: Post by JZ42 »

I had this happening to me all the time. One day I said that's enough and got myself a Cafelat Silicone gasket and I'm now a much happier man. My PF also locks at 6 o'clock now which is a bonus to me.

stump007

#1453: Post by stump007 »

I use ridgeless baskets that sometimes stay stuck in the grouphead after I remove the PF, I guess it's the same reason then :D

JZ42

#1454: Post by JZ42 »

This also happened to me all the time before I switched to a silicone gasket. Game changer for me :)

aznvpo4sho

#1455: Post by aznvpo4sho »

Maybe I should change my gasket to the silicon one as well!

hraklis1

#1456: Post by hraklis1 »

Hi all,
New linea mini owner here (I can't get over how amazingly built this thing is). I live in Canada, and am intersted in doing the 0.6mm gicleur upgrade. Where is the best place to buy this part? I'm suprisingly having a lot of difficulty finding a website. Thanks!

haulin oats

#1457: Post by haulin oats replying to hraklis1 »

Stealth coffee systems. They are the Canadian distributor. Locations in Vancouver and Toronto

coffee4ever

#1458: Post by coffee4ever »

Fellow coffee lovers, I have an issue with our La Marzocco Linea Mini (LMLM) with IoT to which my distributor couldn't give me the answer or a fix. Hope this forum can help me out. All started with my son, who recently started to drink coffee, noticing that the temperature of the coffee was too hot. He was right, the coffee tasted burned. So I check the temp in the app and I noticed that the temp was 103 degrees Celsius (217 Fahrenheit), Not good!

At the time I did not though too much of it and just lowered the temp back to the temp I use with my current roast. (94 degrees Celsius / 201 Fahrenheit). My though at the time was: that I might have accidentally toughed the analog dial on the left hand side of the machine when cleaning. Doing this will overrule the temperature you have set via the app. So I adapted the dial to a lower temp approx. 201 F and also adjusted the temp in the app to 94C/201F (in this order and I left the machine on).

In the evening, I wanted to make a nice espresso and to my surprise, I noticed that the temp was again 103C/217F. Nobody touched the machine or the app. Did all the same as above, flushed some water to get the temp down and made an espresso (was good). After 30 minutes, the machine turned off automatically according the schedule in the app.

Well at this point I got suspicious and worried that there might be something broken. In the morning the LMLM is automatically turned on according to the schedule in the app. So while being in the morning rush to get to kids out and to get to work myself, I wanted to reward my wife and myself with an espresso but I noticed that the temp was again up to 103C/217F so again too high. The LMLM has again not been touched by anyone, although there may be a leprechaun in the house because the box of candy is always empty and no one in the household has touched it either, but I doubt it. I decided to bring in the LMLM for a check as there might be something broken.

Now I have my LMLM back after 3 weeks. Everything is checked and everything was ok. Nothing is broken according to my distributor. He could reproduce the issue and the solution according to him is that you need to set the analog dial to the lowest position and set the temp via the app. Then everything is "a ok". It seems to be a design issue between the analog and the new digital world according to him and La Marzocco. (is it?)

Unfortunately, it worked for exactly 1 evening. I put the LMLM in use connected the app, analog wheel to lowest setting, set temp in app to 94C/201F and pressed save, added water etc....... and after 20 minutes is was Barista time, Yes :D . Everything looked stable tasted how it should be and was working according the instructions received from the distributor. Later in the evening, the machined turned off according the schedule and this morning the machine turned on again also according schedule and warmed up. But unfortunately, it did not remember the temperature setting of the evening before and temperature was 99C/210F and not the 94C/201F.

I have no clue what is going on and the distributor guaranteed me that everything is mechanical ok and that there are no defects as they checked everything. I also have no reason not to believe them as they have always helped me very, very well.

Any tips/advice/acknowledgement of others having the same or similar issue.............

Thank you all in advance for helping out

A fellow coffee lover

sluflyer06

#1459: Post by sluflyer06 replying to coffee4ever »

I'd try reaching out to LM Home in USA simply because they seem to be very helpful and they might have seen this, it's worth a shot IMO to email them and explain what is happening and see if they have any suggestions.

coffee4ever

#1460: Post by coffee4ever »

Thnx I have done that in paralel, not in the US but in Germany but the Ideae is the same.