La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 117

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jshot
Supporter ♡

#1161: Post by Jshot »

Just want to point out that if you use a bowl (any shallow vessel) to flush, it only needs to sit on the scale when you're pulling shots. No sure how that has an effect on aesthetics.

I started using one years ago with a E61 so when I got the LM, it was a no-brainer. Clean scale and less trips to the sink to dump the drip tray.

Ypuh

#1162: Post by Ypuh »

Does anyone know where to get a drip tray like this? It's from the Acaia website promoting the new Lunar 2021.

I don't want a Decent

malabargold
Supporter ♡

#1163: Post by malabargold »

Hi all,

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these machines, but would prefer to buy used due to the hefty price (considering the recent increase). Any watchouts or recommendations I should be aware of? I'm in NC if anyone has any leads :D

sluflyer06

#1164: Post by sluflyer06 »

Ypuh wrote:Does anyone know where to get a drip tray like this? It's from the Acaia website promoting the new Lunar 2021.

I don't think you actually want that drip tray, it looks unlikely to actually function well for its intended purpose. Great if you want coffee goo and hot water on the counter however

3spresso-vert

#1165: Post by 3spresso-vert »

Another naive newbie post (to add to the 1165 posts here already!)
I see some confusion, over pressure adjustments, is it just me?
Pressures are often quoted. But which ones? Rarely specified.
The LMLM has 2:
Adjustable (maximum) pressure for the Integrated Brew Group, easily adjusted.
And Pump pressure, requiring delving inside to adjust.
Well 3, there is also Steam boiler pressure adjustment but that is not confusing.

So for example, 'drop the pressure to 6 bar' is referring to which?
I have tried on the brew group pressure adjustment but the machine was not happy with that much lowered making a strange noise
when the pump runs. I wonder if the pump is running at 9 bar and yet the brew group valve is restricting this to 6 bar creating a conflict?

Am I being an idiot?

sluflyer06

#1166: Post by sluflyer06 replying to 3spresso-vert »

You would need to do that on the pump itself, not the expansion valve.

3spresso-vert

#1167: Post by 3spresso-vert »

Thanks sluflyer06,

So in that case, what is the purpose of the 'easily customer adjustable' integrated brew group valve?
Adjusting it is not particular related to flavour changes, unlike the pump pressure which is, yet not accessible
on a 'daily' basis...

Note: I am a bit OCD and expect when any instructions say to adjust pressure that they should specify pressure of what..!

sluflyer06

#1168: Post by sluflyer06 replying to 3spresso-vert »

?All? machines have a expansion valve, and if i recall correctly the instructions do tell you what to set it to, 12 bar...page 11 of the English User Manual. Page 10 talks about its purpose.

RJB83
Supporter ♡

#1169: Post by RJB83 »

does anyone still use the tamper and milk pitcher that came with the machine?

if no, why did you replace/upgrade?

nguye569

#1170: Post by nguye569 »

Since my LMLM was an upgrade, I already owned those items and saw no point in using the new ones they provided since it didn't seem like an upgrade over what I had. Would have been nice if they were add ons when purchasing so I could save some money.