La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 116

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
stump007

#1151: Post by stump007 »

Has anyone been using the Pantechnicon drain tray mod for Acaia Lunar? If so curious to know about your workflow, regarding flush and pre-flush.

I've been eyeing at getting one solely for aesthetic reasons, but it feels like you'll have to remove the scale everytime you need to flush? So I'm wondering how easy/practical it is to do so.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#1152: Post by Jshot replying to stump007 »

I've used it from the beginning since I wanted as much headroom as possible. Need to fit my wife's latte mug in there.

To keep things neat and tidy I got into the habit of always having a shallow bowl sit on the scale. It's there when flushing, cleaning and in between shots. It also has the side benefit of reducing the number of times I need to dump the drip tray.

JettLag

#1153: Post by JettLag replying to Jshot »

Same exact experience here using a shallow container. I love the headroom, hate the design. I've been thinking about designing something that would allow the scale to hinge up against the "backdrop" of the machine whenever needed.

stump007

#1154: Post by stump007 »

Hmm, not a huge fan of the container on top of the drip tray.. Is it difficult to pull out the scale before/after shots in order to flush in the tray? :?:

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#1155: Post by Jshot replying to stump007 »

No, you flush into the bowl. Think of it this way, the bowl stays on the scale all the time, only swapping for the espresso cup.

Ypuh

#1156: Post by Ypuh »

It kind of defeats the purpose of having an aesthetically pleasing drip tray mod.

Would you buy it again?
I don't want a Decent

QuareCrack

#1157: Post by QuareCrack »

stump007 wrote:Has anyone been using the Pantechnicon drain tray mod for Acaia Lunar? If so curious to know about your workflow, regarding flush and pre-flush.

I've been eyeing at getting one solely for aesthetic reasons, but it feels like you'll have to remove the scale everytime you need to flush? So I'm wondering how easy/practical it is to do so.
I have just been flushing on top of the scale and wiping with a microfibre cloth after. No issues so far. My biggest gripe at the moment is my cup/glass moving on the scale while pulling the shot. As the scale is so sensitive, if you touch the cup at all to stop it shifting around, the auto timer stops - very annoying!

The tray I use is this one, made by La Marzocco: https://espresso-solutions.co.uk/grid-d ... i-w-scale/

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#1158: Post by Jshot replying to QuareCrack »

Are you using the rubber pad on top of the Lunar? If not, I think the scale is too slippery.

QuareCrack

#1159: Post by QuareCrack »

Not using the rubber pad as that seemed like something else to clean but I might need to bring it out!

stump007

#1160: Post by stump007 »

Ypuh wrote:It kind of defeats the purpose of having an aesthetically pleasing drip tray mod.
Yeah, that's where I'm coming from.. anyway, I'm probably to skip the scale mod and wait on Acaia releasing a white version of the Lunar 2021 which wouldn't look good with the black plastic holder on the pantechnicon mod :|
+ Flushing directly on a white lunar will probably be a no-no :D