La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 110

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
dparrish
Supporter ♡

#1091: Post by dparrish »

Really, guys, I wouldn't worry about getting the no-burn steam wand. The original wand is excellent. In fact I would be hesitant to get an insulated one. Steaming power with the stock wand is one of the LMLM's strengths, and though my last machine had a no-burn wand, I've had zero issues burning myself with the new one. The LMLM steams so fast you barely have time to touch it:). It certainly couldn't be worth the $700 upgrade, and insulating the wand might have a negative impact on performance. But I haven't been able to compare them.

PForPho

#1092: Post by PForPho replying to dparrish »

Yea I definitely think the original wand will be okay. For $700 I would rather put that towards the wood accents! :D

Another thing - Do you guys find yourself using the hot water spout?

Andrewp

#1093: Post by Andrewp »

I never use the hot water. $700 is just plain theft!!

Suvartet

#1094: Post by Suvartet »

I use the hot water tap to preheat my cups since I don't put them on the cup warming tray.
Also to cycle out the water in the steam boiler to prevent any mineral build-up.

rktcyntst

#1095: Post by rktcyntst »

dsblv wrote:La Marzocco Home ships from the HQ in Ballard. Something to consider since you're in Seattle.
Good point!! I wonder if pickup/saving on shipping/freight in exchange for swag/other goodies might be in the cards.... hmmmmmm.

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#1096: Post by dparrish »

PForPho wrote:Yea I definitely think the original wand will be okay. For $700 I would rather put that towards the wood accents! :D

Another thing - Do you guys find yourself using the hot water spout?
I use it both to preheat/rinse cups as well as to rinse the portafilter.

PForPho

#1097: Post by PForPho »

Placed an order for the white linea mini from Chris Coffee a few days ago, which by the way has been a stellar experience. I've reached out to several dealers and Chris Coffee stood out, the others seemed like they just wanted to make a quick sale. Mark answered all the questions I've had thoroughly.

Now I'm deciding if I want the walnut or maple accents.. I might go stock for a while, but the sale on LM's store is tempting.

Andrewp

#1098: Post by Andrewp »

You NEED the wooden bits,new taller feet and cup try or your new machine wont work properly....well tgats what you have to rell your wife/partner

PForPho

#1099: Post by PForPho replying to Andrewp »

Haha eventually I'll get it fully kitted out! Decided to just get the maple PF for now :)

mklein511

#1100: Post by mklein511 »

Purchased my LMLM about 5 months ago directly from LM. Very pleased with everything. The shipping was 1st class with excellent engineering on the packing. Looked at other machines and was originally going to go with something that allowed pressure profiling. Glad I went the the LM instead. Machine works fabulously and is built to last, easy to use and consistent when you use the right tools.