La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 109

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DiminishedSeventh

#1081: Post by DiminishedSeventh »

pcrussell50 wrote:You wouldn't. It's just a safety so that if you made a choker puck or use a blind disc for back flushing, you don't go over a certain max pressure... say... 11bar. These pumps are physically capable of way more than 11 bar so it's reasonable to set an upper limit just in case. If you want a 9 bar extraction, make a puck that supports 9 bar.

TL;DR the pump bypass valve is a safety tool, not an extraction aid... unless you specifically want to use it that way.

-Peter
I believe LM recommends you set your expansion valve to not exceed 12 bars. Anything below that is considered normal. When you brew the pressure should be around 9 bars but when the boiler is "idling" it may get up to 12.

PForPho

#1082: Post by PForPho »

Tzuyu wrote:You should purchase directly from la marzocco website, also it's a good time to purchase right know it's $5,100 save $300.
Yea it seems like it's a manufacturer deal and every dealers are doing it fortunately!
jpschust wrote:Honestly, if you take the time to send notes out to some of the major distributors you should be able to get a bit more knocked off- possibly sales tax and some extra goodies.
Yea I'm thinking about calling them up. I might email them first and then followup with a call when they get back to me.
yertchuk wrote:I use the stock convex tamper, after WDT and a few taps to level the grounds. No additional leveling. Naked portafilter output nearly always looks great. I have tried a conventional flat tamper and also a leveler, but if anything results were not as good.

I believe US machines come without the non-burn wand. Other markets do get it, as I understand.
That's unfortunate if US versions don't come with the non-burn wand. I'll need to mention it and make sure that's the case. It looks like it's an extra $700.

Now I'm trying to see if I should add wood accents... it would look great with the niche.

Anyone have experience with Pantechnicon's stuff? How does it compare to LM's own wood accents. They look great

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
Tzuyu

#1083: Post by Tzuyu »

Just remember that buying directly from la marzocco is your best bet, you get the best service,2 years in house service if your ever need repair, instead of going through the trouble of shipping back to your dealer for service.

jpschust
Supporter

#1084: Post by jpschust » replying to Tzuyu »

Honestly, if you live in or near a big city, I'm not sure why you'd EVER ship your machine out for repair. Every even mid-sized city has at least someone decent at repairing machines, especially La Marzocco. There's just an insane amount of risk in shipping a machine, not to mention the cost.

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#1085: Post by dparrish »

PForPho wrote:Yea it seems like it's a manufacturer deal and every dealers are doing it fortunately!

Yea I'm thinking about calling them up. I might email them first and then followup with a call when they get back to me.

That's unfortunate if US versions don't come with the non-burn wand. I'll need to mention it and make sure that's the case. It looks like it's an extra $700.

Now I'm trying to see if I should add wood accents... it would look great with the niche.

Anyone have experience with Pantechnicon's stuff? How does it compare to LM's own wood accents. They look great
Pantechnicon is what LM uses for the wood accents. It's the same :)
BTW, I can recommend Chris' Coffee for a good discount on the LMLM. It should be as good or better than what the LM site is offering. Also, GREAT service!

rktcyntst

#1086: Post by rktcyntst »

PForPho wrote: That's unfortunate if US versions don't come with the non-burn wand. I'll need to mention it and make sure that's the case. It looks like it's an extra $700.
So I have to ask why bent tubing runs $700?!? Even if there is special manufacturing involved, they're pretty proud of that wand.

Materials and labor must be pretty rich to get to this level, or they've got a very favorable (to them) margin. Are there additional internal components that are also changed out? Or are all machines are built with it and this cost is to change it to the burn wand?

PForPho

#1087: Post by PForPho »

rktcyntst wrote:So I have to ask why bent tubing runs $700?!? Even if there is special manufacturing involved, they're pretty proud of that wand.

Materials and labor must be pretty rich to get to this level, or they've got a very favorable (to them) margin. Are there additional internal components that are also changed out? Or are all machines are built with it and this cost is to change it to the burn wand?
Yea I'm not sure. I'll need to ask and see to make sure, but I did remember seeing somewhere when it first came out that those who wanted to buy it would cost around that. That's money for another machine/grinder haha.

dparrish wrote:Pantechnicon is what LM uses for the wood accents. It's the same :)
BTW, I can recommend Chris' Coffee for a good discount on the LMLM. It should be as good or better than what the LM site is offering. Also, GREAT service!
You are certainly right. Mark from Chris's Coffee just got back to me very quick with a very great response. Clive was also pretty great. The other ones were lackluster in their response and it felt like they just wanted to make a sale, not a great experience.

It seems that only Clive has the non-burn steam wands included. I'll need to confirm again to make sure. It's not big deal I guess, but would be nice to have.

Do yall have a recommendation for a portafilter?

Was looking at LM's: https://www.chriscoffee.com/collections ... 6000416804

or Pantechnicon's: https://www.pantechnicondesign.com/coll ... 9557046375

Chris stocks LM's so maybe I can see if I can get a bundle deal? Otherwise, Pantechicon is cheaper by a bit

But I'm sure I could just get any 58mm portafilter and it'll fit right? Just to be sure.

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
rktcyntst

#1088: Post by rktcyntst »

PForPho wrote: You are certainly right. Mark from Chris's Coffee just got back to me very quick with a very great response. Clive was also pretty great. The other ones were lackluster in their response and it felt like they just wanted to make a sale, not a great experience.

It seems that only Clive has the non-burn steam wands included. I'll need to confirm again to make sure. It's not big deal I guess, but would be nice to have.
Good info on Chris Coffee! I'm also considering a change, and appreciate the Intel! :)

dsblv
Supporter ♡

#1089: Post by dsblv » replying to rktcyntst »

La Marzocco Home ships from the HQ in Ballard. Something to consider since you're in Seattle.

PForPho

#1090: Post by PForPho »

Anyone have the drip tray for the Acaia Lunar scale? I'm wondering how practical it is in terms of having to keep the insert clean.. seems like gunk would easily build up. It also seems like it'll be a hassle having to remove the scale every time you flush the group.