La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 105

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ahearn

#1041: Post by ahearn »

Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster here. For those with the "pre-brewing" capabilities, do you use it? If so, what are your parameters?

Aardlek

#1042: Post by Aardlek »

I disabled it :-)

Interested to hear other settings.

yertchuk
Supporter ♡

#1043: Post by yertchuk »

Aardlek wrote:I disabled it :-)
Me too.

namelessone

#1044: Post by namelessone »

Has anyone here retrofitted their LMLM so that it works with the new app? How does the process work?

circky

#1045: Post by circky »

Just unpacked my white linea mini after patiently waiting for a couple of months when their factory reopened with a manufacture date of April 2020. I've been looking at pics and videos to pass my time and think I have a couple of cosmetic defects. Can someone please confirm the top metal heating tray isn't supposed to have the marking all along the crease that I've highlighted in red

The second issue is quite obvious that my front logo is crooked as well as leftover residue that is able to wipe off.
My best guess is that with the pandemic they might have limited staff as well as having a harder time in general. Just hope contacting Canadian store I purchased it from will be a smooth process on getting me replacement parts.

cf

#1046: Post by cf replying to circky »

Hi Circky, I have a white LMLM like you. Mine does not have those markings on the top and the alignment of the Marzocco logo on the drip tray is perfect. I'm hoping they should be able to replace those for you.

circky

#1047: Post by circky replying to cf »

Thank you for confirming! Hoping this will be a seamless process to fix. I had a question about the drip tray as well; what is the purpose of the solid black piece in the back right corner? Before seeing one in person, I had assumed the piece was meant to "float" upwards to let a person know that their drip tray is full of water, but now looking at it, it's just a solid piece with no movable part. Am I missing a piece that's supposed to be on top of it?

yertchuk
Supporter ♡

#1048: Post by yertchuk »

On mine, the central portion of the cup warming tray is recessed slightly. It looks similar to what I see in the photo, so I'm wondering if there's something else in the photo that I'm not seeing? It's obviously an intended feature in the design, maybe to make the cup tray a bit more rigid?

limonengelb

#1049: Post by limonengelb »

Did the machine ship directly to you, or did the store you purchased it from receive it? I would have expected them to do their own QAQC prior to sending it to you. Interested to hear if you get things resolved. I too have one on order.

circky

#1050: Post by circky »

yertchuk wrote:On mine, the central portion of the cup warming tray is recessed slightly. It looks similar to what I see in the photo, so I'm wondering if there's something else in the photo that I'm not seeing? It's obviously an intended feature in the design, maybe to make the cup tray a bit more rigid?
I'm having a hard time articulating it well, but agreed that there's supposed to be a slight dip/recess to create like a "square" border that you can visually see, but in mine, you're also seeing visible (non-attractive) markings along the border. For example, if you take a look at the bottom left corner, the "line" i'm describing stops short from touching, and if you take a look at the bottom right, the "line" goes all the way down so if it was meant to be, you'd expect the same visual lines.