La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 104

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sshire
Supporter

#1031: Post by sshire »

I'll measure mine tomorrow

sshire
Supporter

#1032: Post by sshire »

LM Bottomless PF. Hope this helps. Did these from my PF (OEM)

trunks235

#1033: Post by trunks235 »

Does the new app come with a shot timer..? If not, What do linea mini owners suggest as the best shot timer option for the machine?

pcrussell50

#1034: Post by pcrussell50 »

What would be super cool would be if someone could come up with a jailbreak version of the app that fixes the glaring fault in new "pre infusion" capability. Quotes needed and intentional.

Then you could have your shot timer or anything else in the way of things to Gicar controls.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

yertchuk
Supporter

#1035: Post by yertchuk »

trunks235 wrote:Does the new app come with a shot timer..? If not, What do linea mini owners suggest as the best shot timer option for the machine?
Yes it does. Appears when the 'status' screen is showing. Starts and stops with paddle activation.

yertchuk
Supporter

#1036: Post by yertchuk »

pcrussell50 wrote:What would be super cool would be if someone could come up with a jailbreak version of the app that fixes the glaring fault in new "pre infusion" capability.
Peter, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this. I'm guessing it's to do with the 3-way valve switching as the pump goes off, after the 'pre-wet' phase?

pcrussell50

#1037: Post by pcrussell50 » replying to yertchuk »

Correct. For some reason, LM has decided to vent the precious flavors at the top of the puck down the drain after "pre infusion". :?:

No other machine with proper pre infusion does this. It's a real head scratcher. And the worst part is, that it's the flavors at the first part of the extraction that are the sweetest and best. Seems such a shame to vent them down the drain.

And nobody I've talked to about it can figure out an upside or a why they chose that path. Would it somehow harm the machine if you could just keep the solenoid energized in the transition from pre brew to brew?

-Peter
LMWDP #553

yertchuk
Supporter

#1038: Post by yertchuk »

Thanks Peter. Wouldn't surprise me if the reason was to do with miscommunication between LM and whoever was writing the app for them.

trunks235

#1039: Post by trunks235 »

Thanks all - another question for LMLM owners. Have any of you done the coffee machinist mod? I may have the opportunity to get it done on my new machine, but it would void the 2 year warranty. Not sure if it's worth the risk this early

rccoleman
Supporter ♡

#1040: Post by rccoleman »

yertchuk wrote:Thanks Peter. Wouldn't surprise me if the reason was to do with miscommunication between LM and whoever was writing the app for them.
The GS/3 has the same quirk during native "pre-brewing", so it certainly seems intentional and not just an issue with the app. I imagine that it could be addressed if LM wanted to, but it's been that way for years. I found that a very short "pre-brewing" time (1-1.5s) would result in wetting the puck without the solenoid releasing any meaningful pressure or water, but I eventually installed a pump cutoff switch and "Jake valve" to have more control.