La Marzocco Linea Mini Tech Tip - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erics (original poster)
Supporter ★

#11: Post by erics (original poster) »

Does this mean that I might be able to reach out to you in case I need advice on a mod or repair done some time? Didn't know if you do this for a living. Feel free to PM me an answer instead of replying here. Also, is your friend with the Linea Mini a home-barista forum user? I'm trying to find others locally to compare workflow and dialing in LMLM shots with. If he is, could you have him PM me please?
You can, BUT I assure you that there are enough users on this forum that know far more than I as regards the LMLM. The person whose machine I was working on (rebuilding vacuum relief valve) does not actively participate on this forum. I DO NOT repair machines 'for a living'. My primary business venture is shown on my crude FTP site below by sig but all of this simply keeps me out of trouble.

It just so happened that I had a difficult time replacing that particular 'long' screw and I surely know enough to leave all other six screws loose.

Thinking about this as I type, I'm not 100% certain that this is an error on the part of the mfg.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

HeyHey

#12: Post by HeyHey »

Hi Eric,

I'd love to chat with you about this topic. Please email me at your convenience.

christopher@lamarzocco.com

Cheers,
Chris
Christopher Scott
After Sales and Technical Support
LA MARZOCCO HOME

sluflyer06

#13: Post by sluflyer06 »

HeyHey wrote:Hi Eric,

I'd love to chat with you about this topic. Please email me at your convenience.

christopher@lamarzocco.com

Cheers,
Chris
I think a fair few of us are interested to know the cicrumstances around this, being a LMLM owner myself.

erics (original poster)
Supporter ★

#14: Post by erics (original poster) »

I had an email exchange with Chris (LM-USA) and I was INCORRECT (sniffle, sniffle) in describing this as a defect. The extra length 4mm screw serves to add some stability (read less vibs) to the top cover for the LMLM.

My sole recommendation would be to install this screw first (loosely) and go from there.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com