La Marzocco Linea Mini - Save Money on Plumb-in Kit

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sshire
Supporter

#1: Post by sshire »

The distilled water / 3rd Wave Water powders routine has gotten a bit old so I've decided to plumb the LMLM in.
My municipal water is not good for the machine so I've ordered a reverse osmosis system with remineralization and went to Chris Coffee to order the LM plumb-in kit.
I really have no "elegant" way to drain the drip tray (granite countertop, dishwasher directly under LMLM) so I'll just dump that manually. I figured that the drain hose and connectors would go into a drawer.

BUT WAIT!

Chris (Chris Coffee himself) anticipated this and his tech guys have put together a plumb in kit with no drain stuff. Just the water connection. $62.95. Ordered this afternoon.
Comes with braided hose, low water jumper and includes an adapter from the hose to 3/8" John Guest tubing (exactly what's on the R/O system that's ordered).

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Since you have no drain, you might want to order this as well from Chris'.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/collections ... k-detector
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

sshire
Supporter

#3: Post by sshire »

Thanks. My usual routine after last shot of the day (after dinner) includes filling the reservoir (won't need to do that anymore), a backflush and dumping and rinsing the drip tray. Never gets to the point where it could overflow.