La Marzocco Linea Mini pump stopped while backflushing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JZ42

#1: Post by JZ42 »

I have a linea mini about one-month-old, today while I was backflushing the machine the following issues happened:

(1) The pump turned itself off after I flipped the paddle to brew position for about 10 seconds.
(2) The red indicator went blinking and the blue indicator went completely off, exactly the same as you turn the machine into standby mode
(3) The brew lights went completely off
(4) The water tank was 2/3 full

Basically, the whole machine just went completely silent and behaved exactly the same as if you let the machine sleep (through the app) mid backflushing.

After the machine went radio-silent I flipped the paddle to the off position and then the brew position. Both indicator lights and brew lights went back on but the pump didn't kick in (not 100% sure about the pump status as I was a little panicked). I then cycled through the paddle positions one more time and everything went back to working again.

Any thoughts on what might have caused the issue? I know there is a post about linea mini stopped brewing mid-shot but I believe the issue desired in that post was different than mine. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time :)

JZ42 (original poster)

#2: Post by JZ42 (original poster) »

Just figured it out myself. The machine was scheduled to enter standby mode when I was backflushing, silly me :oops: