La Marzocco Linea Mini problems and the ownership experience - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
thecoffeefield

Postby thecoffeefield » Jul 14, 2018, 6:00 am

The price they are asking for this machine should provide them with plenty of cushion to take care of problems, including machine replacements. The whole argument for the Linea Mini, despite the lack of features at this crazy price point, is that it just works. For them to ask for this kind of money and not replace troubled ones like this one is ridiculous frankly

dsblv

Postby dsblv » Jul 14, 2018, 12:44 pm

Stuff happens. LM got the machine fixed as fast as they could. A Mini isn't a consumer appliance and it's unreasonable to expect them to replace a machine that can be fixed.

HB
Admin

Postby HB » Jul 14, 2018, 1:03 pm

This thread has entered step four of the six steps of consumer complaints documented in the Guidelines for productive online discussion ("If nobody has been ranting up to this point, it's likely to begin."). I'm going to head off that inevitability by closing this thread for awhile. If the OP has news to report that further advances the discussion, please contact me or any moderator and we'll reopen the thread.

UPDATE: Offline follow-up from Nate:

nater wrote:My intention was not to head down an inflammatory path with the thread. I just wish I had known, or someone else had told me, that I would be stuck with a LaMarzocco machine if there were problems with it. In the first 4 weeks I had it, it was out of commission for two of them, and even now that's it working again, it's not the same machine that it was on day one (the replacement pump is louder than the original and the machine has a pronounced rattle), not to mention that I've had to reschedule travel and miss work twice for this machine. It's an awful expensive machine for this kind of shenanigans. I feel like other potential purchasers have a right to know.
Dan Kehn