La Marzocco Linea Mini Pro Touch Steam Wand

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sluflyer06

#1: Post by sluflyer06 »

La Marzocco has created a double walled pro touch steam wand for our Linea Minis. They're not yet in stock but LM international posted about it on Instagram and I also asked Dave@La Marzocco Home about it.

They will be selling retrofit parts kits, unfortunately Dave says it will a whopping $800 USD for a steam wand. Which seems ridiculous to me to be honest. I really want one, but I was thinking something up to $300, not closer to a thousand dollars for a steam wand which you can buy an entire espresso machine for.

:shock:

sluflyer06 (original poster)

#2: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) »

Wow I thought this was pretty amazing news, I'm kind of shocked nobody had any thoughts.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mgwolf »

I'm sure there would be more interested folks if the price reflected a stainless steel and not a gold-plated wand. :(

drown

#4: Post by drown »

If there was something wrong with my stock wand and it was a 100$ upgrade maybe.
They should focus on useful upgrades like a stock integrated shot timer, pre infusion and the ability to extract for more than 50 sec. I'd gladly pay for those.
Geography is War

interseismic

#5: Post by interseismic »

Perfectly fine with my stock wand.

nuketopia

#6: Post by nuketopia »

Perfectly fine with my $800!

JayBeck

#7: Post by JayBeck »

sluflyer06 wrote:Wow I thought this was pretty amazing news, I'm kind of shocked nobody had any thoughts.
It is cool news but the price is ridiculous. This should be included on all future LMLMs with NO price increase and offered to existing owners for $100-200 as an upgrade. $800 is gouging.

sluflyer06 (original poster)

#8: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) replying to JayBeck »

I don't disagree. Although I think the retrofit price is similar for the GS/3.

I've give it some time and wait for it all to be in-stock and try to get some broken down part price and see if what they said is true.

bean2friends

#9: Post by bean2friends »

I got the no burn arm for my Mini Vivaldi when I bought it new. At the time I thought it was really necessary and cool. But, in time, I swapped it for the burn me arm and I find that to be much more efficient. I'm just careful to wipe it clean immediately. 800 dollars is crazy.
I actually love it when it's clear to me that somebody doesn't want my business. The decision is made for me.

tglodjo

#10: Post by tglodjo »

Wow. I understand that the cost of my LMLM was at a premium because it's a premium machine, but holy cow $800 for a steam wand is ridiculous. Granted, even if I had the choice of both at purchase for the same price, I'd stick with the burn-me wand because they're much better for consistent steaming in my experience, but still....that's an insane upgrade price.