La Marzocco Linea Mini Pro Touch Steam Wand - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sluflyer06 (original poster)

#21: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) »

jpsm wrote:Got to play with it at an expo and I love the new cool touch wand. I played around with a mini with the old wand a couple of days before the expo too and it was so hot to touch! The machine was being used in a commercial setting and might explain why it was very hot(?) the barista was literally using a thick folded barista cloth to handle the steamwand. Still 800usd is a lot of coin for just that upgrade!
Any standard wand is extremely hot after steaming even a single drink, how much use it's getting really won't matter since they heat up so fast.

bluesman

#22: Post by bluesman replying to sluflyer06 »

What's important to note is that many "no burn" wands also get hot after significant use. The Teflon liner in my ECM's no-burn wand seriously slowed down steaming - but after a few drinks back to back, the outside felt just as hot as a standard wand, so I removed the liner and got much better steam power. Would I love to have a no-burn wand with a large enough ID to deliver full steam volume at full steam pressure? You bet I would - but I haven't seen one yet.

Advertisement
sluflyer06 (original poster)

#23: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) replying to bluesman »

supposedly that's exactly what they've created.

raidensix

#24: Post by raidensix »

Any idea when the Linea Mini with the Pro Touch Steam Wand will be available in the US? Hopefully, the price stays the same.

MikFlores300

#25: Post by MikFlores300 »

I'm interested in it just for the ease of use. The videos I've seen demoing it show you can hold it tight in your hand for longer than you'll ever need to and it won't burn. Steam pressure looks to be as good as the regular, as well. I believe it will be available in the coming month!

barNone

#26: Post by barNone »

On La Marzocco's international site, they have a page on the Mini Pro Touch wand dated May of this year.

https://international.lamarzoccohome.co ... -standard/

Interestingly, on their Australian site, one of the pages on the Mini has 3 graphics showing the new Pro Touch wand: mid way down the page there are a couple shots of the new wand without the rubber grip. The smaller thumbnails that show all the colors available haven't been updated, they still show the old steam wand.

https://au.lamarzoccohome.com/our-machines/linea-mini/

Has anyone seen the new wand on newer Minis in Europe, Australia, or anywhere else yet?

barNone

#27: Post by barNone »

I read on another forum that the Minis in the UK have had the new wand since May 2019. Also, I heard in North America the new wands will be on new machines by the end of the year.

Advertisement
truemagellen

#28: Post by truemagellen »

Any word on upgrade price?

barNone

#29: Post by barNone »

I saw this on the LM Home USA web site yesterday, don't know how long the new "performance touch steam wand" option has been there on custom orders but it's there now.

$700 US as an upgrade option, and that's not even for a replacement part! :shock: Not a total shocker since it was rumored to be $800 on its own, at least they install it for you as part of the order but wow...

This does not bode well for those of us in Canada, making a $6500 CDN machine into a $7500 effectively. That is if we even have the new steam wand option up here?...

BTW the $300 off in the image is from the current promotion just in case anyone was wondering.

cf

#30: Post by cf »

I'm holding out hope that the new steam wand and adjustable preinfusion with app are available standard early next year. Seems like a good follow up to their LMLM holiday discount.