La Marzocco Linea Mini - New features - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Miringanes

#131: Post by Miringanes »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Nope -

Starting on April 2, 2020, the price of the Linea Mini is increasing to $5,400.

The updated price follows the release of our new connected machine feature for the Linea Mini. This all-new technology allows machine owners to connect to their machines via the new La Marzocco Home App.

New Linea Mini features include:
Remote ability to turn the machine on or off
Creation of an on/off schedule
Boiler temperature status and control
Enabling and setting pre-brewing on/off times
Machine Stats & Total Shot Counter
For more information on the connected machine updates to the Linea Mini, head to our FAQ page.

As always, if you have any questions, please drop us a note
This is absurd. I've been holding off on buying one, especially now with everything going on. A 10% price increase for a feature that mostly benefits them is crazy. Are they also bumping the price of the GS3? If they aren't the price gap is getting super close, with a pro touch wand the LMLM would only be 1,400 dollars cheaper which is not a lot when you're playing with that kind of money.

Janika79

#132: Post by Janika79 » replying to Miringanes »

I had exactly the same thought. Why would anyone buy a Mini if the GS3 is almost the same price?! This is absurd, especially 10%. Updating a product is a common thing and does usually not go along with such a steep increase. A car for example gets new features with a refresh and usually costs the same. I am a Mini owner and really like it, but for this price I would not have bought one.

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#133: Post by blondica73 » replying to Janika79 »

Same thought, I wouldn't buy it now, really not worth it. Save your money. I also have a Mini Vivaldi and cannot tell the difference between the two machines in terms of shot taste. It's all about status.

katkat

#134: Post by katkat »

I am still not sure how solid the information is, but if it is then I find the optics of a price increase at a time like this repugnant. I know it's an emotional reaction but this hobby is all about emotions.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#135: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz » replying to katkat »

Came directly in an email from LM.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#136: Post by blondica73 »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote: Came directly in an email from LM.
I received a similar email.

thecoffeefield

#137: Post by thecoffeefield »

The LMLM has always been overpriced. It was overpriced when it was $4500 at $5400 it's not even in the realm of possibilities for me. The only thing I like about LaMarzocco is their steaming capabilities and taste. For some reason, the milk steamed on a LaMarzocco, has a dryer and overall better texture than anything I steam at home or cafes with different machines. I really like that dryer steamed milk and mouth feel and that will be the only reason I'll ever consider a LaMarzocco. Espresso from a LaMarzocco tastes exactly like the espresso I make at home. No big deal.

pcrussell50

#138: Post by pcrussell50 »

thecoffeefield wrote:The LMLM has always been overpriced. It was overpriced when it was $4500 at $5400 it's not even in the realm of possibilities for me. The only thing I like about LaMarzocco is their steaming capabilities and taste. For some reason, the milk steamed on a LaMarzocco, has a dryer and overall better texture than anything I steam at home or cafes with different machines.I really like that dryer steamed milk and mouth feel and that will be the only reason I'll ever consider a LaMarzocco. Espresso from a LaMarzocco tastes exactly like the espresso I make at home. No big deal.
By the by, one of my mates with a GS/3 just tried out the also ridiculously overpriced LM "no-burn" steam wand. He lasted about a week before going back to the "regular burn" wand. And for the reasons you state. The "no burn wand was wet and with low quality foam".

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Nimitzg

#139: Post by Nimitzg »

I think the price increase may assist shop owners to get rid of old stocks that dont have the IoT board.
And this make things reasonable(sell the old modle with an old price tag) .
Also,funny as it sound it is possible that in some countries there may have been increase in demand ("end of the world,we are stuck at home due to the lockdown, atleast we will drink a decent cup") just my thoughts... :roll:

But truly if this was the price today I would have done something else....maybe sell my gear get a new Kafatek Max and a LB.

dsblv
Supporter ♡

#140: Post by dsblv »

I always get a chuckle out of people who complain about a price increase like this but then don't hesitate to spend thousands on whatever piece of equipment is in vogue at the moment. The bottom line is that those can truly afford and want the Mini will buy it. La Marzocco sells premium equipment and a price increase can actually be a successful selling strategy.