La Marzocco Linea Mini: Integrated Group

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cebseb

Postby cebseb » Apr 11, 2015, 3:49 pm

This thread is for information purposes and for discussion of merits of this new design. As the Linea Mini makes its way into end users, I am sure the following photos will be of some use.

Full stop. No half measures. Thankful to be in such a supportive community.

Travisimo

Postby Travisimo » Apr 11, 2015, 6:49 pm

Much appreciated! I was wondering what the newer integrated design of the Linea Mini group looked like inside compared to La Marzocco's historic saturated group!

Saturated group vs. new integrated group performance --

Q: LM Linea Mini for home -
1) Would the mouthfeel of the espresso straight shots be still very similar to the La Marzocco Strada & GS3s traditional saturated groups?
or different between GS3 and a traditional e-61 styles?

The reason I ask is cafes' with the La Marzocco Stradas seem to have better essence of mouthfeel and separation of flavors compared to the traditional e-61 Faema Legend I experienced at in another cafe.

Marshall

Postby Marshall » Apr 11, 2015, 9:24 pm

It would be interesting to compare with the Dalla Corte integrated boiler-brewhead.
Marshall
Los Angeles

FotonDrv

Postby FotonDrv » Apr 12, 2015, 8:44 am

Which company did it first?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Marshall

Postby Marshall » replying to FotonDrv » Apr 12, 2015, 10:38 am

DC at least since 2008. I had one. Discussion and diagram here: Dalla Corte Mini - Second Look.
Marshall

Los Angeles

uscfroadie

Postby uscfroadie » Apr 12, 2015, 11:05 am

Marshall wrote:.

Marshall, that diagram looks similar to Breville's.

Does anyone know where the heating element is on the Linea Mini? The two blue wires look like they *could* be a heater integrated into the casting, but I see no traditional heating element, and it looks like the cover is just a plate of steel with no leads of any kind going to it (cover visible in second picture posted at start of thread).
Merle

ira

Postby ira » Apr 12, 2015, 11:35 am

The blue wires look a lot like they connect to a heating element. The ceramic seal around them on the second picture is pretty much a dead give away.

Ira

cebseb

Postby cebseb » Apr 12, 2015, 11:46 am

uscfroadie wrote:Marshall, that diagram looks similar to Breville's.

Does anyone know where the heating element is on the Linea Mini? The two blue wires look like they *could* be a heater integrated into the casting, but I see no traditional heating element, and it looks like the cover is just a plate of steel with no leads of any kind going to it (cover visible in second picture posted at start of thread).

I can confirm that the cover is just a plate with no leads going to it.
Full stop. No half measures. Thankful to be in such a supportive community.

boost

Postby boost » Apr 12, 2015, 11:55 am

Blue wires is the heating element, looks like there are 2, one on each side. The slightly offset screws on both end keeps it in place

Jepy

Postby Jepy » Apr 12, 2015, 12:36 pm

Looks like a dual element set up. I tried this way back in a heat ex group, and worked pretty well. Pretty simple, just drill, apply thermal paste and a sensor.