La Marzocco Linea Mini Flow profiling mod

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by blondica73 »

I think I'm ready to modify my Linea Mini to have some flow profiling and I came across this thread from a couple of years ago.
La Marzocco Linea Mini shot timer, automatic backflushing and flow profiling mods
I wonder if the mod was simplified, I'm only looking for flow profiling.

Logga

#2: Post by Logga »

Have you seen this: titusgrinding@instagram wrote:
Linea Mini with Strada gear pump.
This just needs the final dial under the potentiometer.
Adjust one pressure or go the whole range.
Kit includes
Genuine Fluid'o'tech series geared pump and motor, genuine LM hydraulic circuit components, custom electrical components, integration wiring loom, custom mounting bracket and a engraved stainless reference dial.
Description
Potentiometer controlled gear pump system. The system allows the freedom to adjust extraction pressure during any stage of the extraction time. The espresso can be adjusted manually via the potentiometer, changing the flavour characteristics, balance and acidy of the final espresso. The configuration also allows the user to set the machine at a constant pressure for a series of espresso's, ideal when calibrating the grind to achieve the "perfect" extraction yield and extraction percentage of any coffee. The retro fit kit can be installed and ready to use in 1 1/2 hrs, only one hole needs to be drilled for the potentiometer. The electrical components are internally surface mounted using magnetic pads and the geared pump is mounted to an unused upper boiler threaded boss. Each kit will include a step by step installation guide.

Advertisement
javipi

#3: Post by javipi »

Yes I saw the post and find it INSANE. Frank being Frank.

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

I saw the post. I'm not looking for switching the pump to gear pump, I only want to control preinfusion and liked how it was done. I have most of the plumbing already. I want to be reversible.

Jake_G
Team HB

#5: Post by Jake_G »

I suggest trying out a mod similar to what I did to my GS/3.

Easy, reversible and effective. If you're ever in the greater Eugene area, you're welcome to swing by and check it out.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#6: Post by mivanitsky replying to Jake_G »

Not to mention, extremely inexpensive and transformative mod for a very well-made, but functionally limited machine.

ConFlatExp

#7: Post by ConFlatExp »

Logga wrote:Have you seen this: titusgrinding@instagram wrote:
Linea Mini with Strada gear pump.
This just needs the final dial under the potentiometer.
Adjust one pressure or go the whole range.
Kit includes
Genuine Fluid'o'tech series geared pump and motor, genuine LM hydraulic circuit components, custom electrical components, integration wiring loom, custom mounting bracket and a engraved stainless reference dial.
Description
Potentiometer controlled gear pump system. The system allows the freedom to adjust extraction pressure during any stage of the extraction time. The espresso can be adjusted manually via the potentiometer, changing the flavour characteristics, balance and acidy of the final espresso. The configuration also allows the user to set the machine at a constant pressure for a series of espresso's, ideal when calibrating the grind to achieve the "perfect" extraction yield and extraction percentage of any coffee. The retro fit kit can be installed and ready to use in 1 1/2 hrs, only one hole needs to be drilled for the potentiometer. The electrical components are internally surface mounted using magnetic pads and the geared pump is mounted to an unused upper boiler threaded boss. Each kit will include a step by step installation guide.

what is the cost for doing this mod?

Advertisement
michael

#8: Post by michael »

is there a similar mod in the works ie gear pump for the GS3 8)

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

Jake_G wrote:I suggest trying out a mod similar to what I did to my GS/3.

Easy, reversible and effective. If you're ever in the greater Eugene area, you're welcome to swing by and check it out.

Cheers!

- Jake
Interesting mod, very simple and yet effective.

Logga

#10: Post by Logga »

ConFlatExp wrote: what is the cost for doing this mod?
I'm not sure, you'll have to email him.