La Marzocco Linea Mini Flow Control Mod - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#31: Post by blondica73 »

Shawnaks5 wrote:Thank you all for this great information regarding this MOD! blondica73 Did you order items 1 and 5 from the parts list as well as the alternate part? I'm unsure why you bring up the rust issue. What is the issue with rust? Also, why did you have to describe parts to them? Is there some part we need that is not on the list? Lastly...Where are you getting your items 3D printed and what material are you using? I have used Craftcloud before but they were a little expensive. Thank you for the help!!
I bring up the rust issue because you have water running through those tees and carbon steel rusts.

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by Shawnaks5 replying to blondica73 »

Thank you. I wonder what Jake and Carlos think about the rust issue. Are you planning on just going ahead and using the Carbon Steel parts for now and then ordering the rust resistant parts later? I just ordered all of the parts on the list today. However, this rust issue is concerning to me.

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#33: Post by blondica73 replying to Shawnaks5 »

I plan on waiting for an alternative before proceeding. I would call the guys at hose and fittings if you are concerned, they are very helpful. I'm also curious about what Jake would say about the rust issue.

cf (original poster)

#34: Post by cf (original poster) replying to blondica73 »

I will cross the link out on the original post for the Olive. Jake had originally sent me the site below, they offer stainless olives and that's what I should have ordered. The Tee in number one the list is nickel plated steel which should be ok for use with water. The JIS Tee does state 'steel' on the page and not nickel plated steel, so I'll remove that to prevent confusion. I checked the other links and they all appear to be the right materials. Let me know if you find anything else.

https://www.malonespecialtyinc.com/prod ... sion-cone/

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by Shawnaks5 »

blondica73 wrote:I plan on waiting for an alternative before proceeding. I would call the guys at hose and fittings if you are concerned, they are very helpful. I'm also curious about what Jake would say about the rust issue.
I called and cancelled the two carbon steel parts. The guy said he was not aware of any alternative part that works well with water. Did Carlos use the Carbon Steel part? If so does he plan on finding an alternative?

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by Shawnaks5 »

cf wrote:I will cross the link out on the original post for the Olive. Jake had originally sent me the site below, they offer stainless olives and that's what I should have ordered. The Tee in number one the list is nickel plated steel which should be ok for use with water. The JIS Tee does state 'steel' on the page and not nickel plated steel, so I'll remove that to prevent confusion. I checked the other links and they all appear to be the right materials. Let me know if you find anything else.

https://www.malonespecialtyinc.com/prod ... sion-cone/
Thank you Carlos! However, this link leads me to a page with multiple part numbers. Forgive me, but I do not know which one to select. Do you mind telling me which one I should use?

cf (original poster)

#37: Post by cf (original poster) replying to Shawnaks5 »

It should be the 10M04 part. I've sent an email to check for stainless availability and pricing. If it is indeed carbon than yea, I'd be looking to swap that out for something else before it rusts. If no stainless or rust resistant Olives exists than I may try to use the LM crosses or something else. I'll keep looking into it and update the thread with what I find.

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by Shawnaks5 replying to cf »

Thank you Carlos! According to the Malone website, 10M04 part is available in Stainless. The email you sent... Did you send it to Malone or Hose and Fittings? Another question... When you say "Olive" what part are you talking about? I guess I've never heard of anything referred to as the Olive. Is this the same thing as Item 5 on your parts list (also the 10MO4 part we are speaking of)? Lastly, what is the LM Cross you speak of?

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by Shawnaks5 »

cf wrote:It should be the 10M04 part. I've sent an email to check for stainless availability and pricing. If it is indeed carbon than yea, I'd be looking to swap that out for something else before it rusts. If no stainless or rust resistant Olives exists than I may try to use the LM crosses or something else. I'll keep looking into it and update the thread with what I find.

I just spoke to the guy at Malone. He said the part in question is not stainless. However he said it is possible for them to make a stainless version. He is supposed to be getting back with me later today with pricing. If they can do it maybe we can do a group buy.

cf (original poster)

#40: Post by cf (original poster) »

Shawnaks5 wrote:Thank you Carlos! According to the Malone website, 10M04 part is available in Stainless. The email you sent... Did you send it to Malone or Hose and Fittings? Another question... When you say "Olive" what part are you talking about? I guess I've never heard of anything referred to as the Olive. Is this the same thing as Item 5 on your parts list (also the 10MO4 part we are speaking of)? Lastly, what is the LM Cross you speak of?
Yes, that is item 5 on the parts list, the JIS to BSPP adapter seat. I reached out to Malone and they do not provide this in stainless currently. The LM cross I'm talking about is the 4-way cross in the Mini where the hot, cold, IBG, and pressure gauge meet. I had bought a second OEM cross thinking that it would be the best fit for the existing connections already there. If I were to use a second cross though, then I would need a special JIS to BSPP adapter for the quickconnect fittings to feed to and from the needle valve. I hadn't found a suitable part for that but I'll be looking into that again as an option.

Below is a link to the cross I'm referring to. In a circuit that uses two crosses, hot and cold would feed into the first cross and fit perfectly, one side would need to be capped, and the other side would need to feed out to the needle valve (haven't figured that out). The second cross would have a connection to the needle valve as the input, then the integrated brew group (IBG) and pressure gauge as the remaining connections with the additional connection capped. If there is a way to easily adapt the quick connect to the JIS connection of the LM cross then that may be the way to go.

https://www.espressoparts.com/la-marzocco-cross-fitting