La Marzocco Linea Mini Flow Control Mod - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cf

#21: Post by cf »

Ok, here is a shot from earlier this morning. This one came out ok! Coffee is On The Road, Sudan Rume, from Red Rooster coffee in VA. 18g in and 47.3ml out in 53 secs. Apologies for the messy machine, been experimenting too much!

blondica73

#22: Post by blondica73 »

Jake_G wrote:In my mind's eye, the plan was to install the bracket with the cover installed. It never dawned on me that the cover would be removed as part of the process but it obviously makes sense that it would be in hindsight!

Due to the way the ear on the outside indexes to the nutsert on the cover, you can't mount (nor dismount) the cover with the bracket installed. :|

I suggest hacking of half of that ear so that the cover can slide in behind the bracket and the counter bore for the nutsert can still help locate the bracket in the machine. I'll update the model with a slot for the nutsert along with increasing the bore and counter bore for the main screw. The cover should drop straight down, right?

Excellent work, Carlos.

Cheers!

- Jake
Thank you, Jake, for sending the modified 3D design. I just placed the order for the newly designed bracket and should be arriving by the end of next week. I also ordered the JIS cone adapters and the flare tees Carlos mentioned and will try them both. I'll report back once I get all parts and try them out.

arcus
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by arcus »

Great work! I had no idea there was another slot on the right side of my machine.

This definitely opens up some interesting possibilities.

cf

#24: Post by cf »

blondica73 wrote:Thank you, Jake, for sending the modified 3D design. I just placed the order for the newly designed bracket and should be arriving by the end of next week. I also ordered the JIS cone adapters and the flare tees Carlos mentioned and will try them both. I'll report back once I get all parts and try them out.
Awesome, good luck! In looking at the JIS Tee adapter, I think it will work fine for the Hot/Cold to N.V. Tee. But for the second Tee where the N.V. feeds back in to the IBG and the pressure gauge, I think there would have to be some adapter for the pressure gauge to make it fit like the original cross. I don't have anything linked on the original parts list for that. It would probably have to be a female JIS/BSPP to male JIS with the beveled inner lip.
arcus wrote:Great work! I had no idea there was another slot on the right side of my machine.

This definitely opens up some interesting possibilities.
Thank you! And really thanks to the awesome Home-Barista community. Lots of great contributors to the GS3 and BDB mod threads that helped inspire this.

Admittedly, I had purchased a LMLM slayer mod kit from Germany that was taking forever to arrive due to the pandemic and customs. Being impatient really stoked the flames for me to crack the Mini open. Now I finally have the slayer kit but I don't think I'm going to use it.

So the lesson is...being impatient pays off once in a while :D

blondica73

#25: Post by blondica73 »

cf wrote:Awesome, good luck! In looking at the JIS Tee adapter, I think it will work fine for the Hot/Cold to N.V. Tee. But for the second Tee where the N.V. feeds back in to the IBG and the pressure gauge, I think there would have to be some adapter for the pressure gauge to make it fit like the original cross. I don't have anything linked on the original parts list for that. It would probably have to be a female JIS/BSPP to male JIS with the beveled inner lip.

Thank you! And really thanks to the awesome Home-Barista community. Lots of great contributors to the GS3 and BDB mod threads that helped inspire this.

Admittedly, I had purchased a LMLM slayer mod kit from Germany that was taking forever to arrive due to the pandemic and customs. Being impatient really stoked the flames for me to crack the Mini open. Now I finally have the slayer kit but I don't think I'm going to use it.

So the lesson is...being impatient pays off once in a while :D
I almost bought the kit, then the pandemic hit and paused. :D

mr2andy

#26: Post by mr2andy »

More LMLM owners should add this flow control to the machine. Great work!!

(Personal opinion, a LMLM without flow control is like having a great digital camera with awesome image sensor but the camera only has a P mode.. you know what I mean?!? :wink: )

occoffeeman

#27: Post by occoffeeman » replying to mr2andy »

This is gonna get really popular. Also keeps you excited about your LMLM ( and caffeinated) during the pandemic !

blondica73

#28: Post by blondica73 »

I spoke with the guys at hose and fittings and the tees and the JIS adapters are carbon steel and they can rust. I described the parts I need to them and they will get back to me with some options soon on parts that don't rust (hopefully).

Shawnaks5

#29: Post by Shawnaks5 » replying to blondica73 »

Thank you all for this great information regarding this MOD! blondica73 Did you order items 1 and 5 from the parts list as well as the alternate part? I'm unsure why you bring up the rust issue. What is the issue with rust? Also, why did you have to describe parts to them? Is there some part we need that is not on the list? Lastly...Where are you getting your items 3D printed and what material are you using? I have used Craftcloud before but they were a little expensive. Thank you for the help!!

Shawnaks5

#30: Post by Shawnaks5 »

blondica73 wrote:I spoke with the guys at hose and fittings and the tees and the JIS adapters are carbon steel and they can rust. I described the parts I need to them and they will get back to me with some options soon on parts that don't rust (hopefully).
Nevermind about the 3D Printing! I looked back and noticed I missed the paragraph that mentions it. Thank you again!