La Marzocco Linea Mini - Blinking red light.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mrespresso23

#1: Post by mrespresso23 »

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my machine and I was hoping for some guidance. The problem started out of nowhere. As I was making my morning espresso I noticed that the temperature is low. I turned the machine off for 30 minutes, turned it on and the right light keeps on blinking.

Last year when I had this problem one of the thermal switches tripped. I opened the machine, clicked it and everything was back to normal.

I tried doing the same this time around, but both thermal switches didn't click this time around so I'm not sure what to do next.

Any advice how to identify what's preventing the Brew temperature from rising up? (Steaming boiler is operating as expected).

Tnx

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by blondica73 replying to mrespresso23 »

Here's a link to a video that shows how someone else fixed the same issue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za02_aU0M8A

mrespresso23 (original poster)

#3: Post by mrespresso23 (original poster) »

Thanks for the response.

On my machine there are two thermal switches on top of the Brew head, rather than the back like is shown in the video. To get to them you need to remove the metal plate in the front of the machine above the peddle.

Both switches didn't trip, so pressing them did nothing. Is it possible that one of them is faulty?

Any other suggestion will be most appreciated.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mgwolf »

Please call Chris at LaMarzocco Home -- they have lifetime support for their machine (phone).

mrespresso23 (original poster)

#5: Post by mrespresso23 (original poster) »

Yesterday I replaced one of the thermal switches and it solved the problem.

I didn't think that these little guys can go bad. Luckily I had an extra one available.