La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 56

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erik82

#551: Post by erik82 »

another_jim wrote:I've had a few of Wendelboe's roasts, although not La Cabra. They were OK to good, workman-like light roasts of slightly above average coffees, nothing more. I much preferred them after ten days than after three weeks.

But Wendelboe doesn't make decisions like that. He has a branded taste of medium acidic bready coffee. When the beans he has aren;lt all that great, like the sample I got, producing this branded taste requires baking the coffee to reduce the acidity so thaty it is still balanced by the lacking sweetness. The result is forgettable, postum-sprite, that is a bready tasting coffee with non-descript and and inobjectionable acidity.
When you're writing this about a roaster that has won numerous roastng championships I'm starting to question your knowledge level. I've had Wendelboe for years ands apart from one batch that seemd to have a roast defect all of them where far from baked and really vibrant with loads of sweetness and/or acidity depending on origin. Don't know why you're bashing a perfectly fine roaster.

I've also roasted for years and know exactly how awful baked roasts taste. And yes they also end up in the bin here but that's not how Wendelboe coffee tastes.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#552: Post by Shakespeare »

I not sure how appropriate it is to comment on individual roasters and their coffee...
and this is a thread on the Linea Micra.
Maybe we should let this subject and comments fall to the wayside.
Time to possibly end this thread.

rolex

#553: Post by rolex »

Holy CROW I was just informed by my family they're coming together to gift me a Linea Micra! There is a 5 year warranty addon at iDrinkCoffee for $329.99, do you think this is a good idea? Is anyone familiar with iDrinkCoffee and their addon warranty service?
I do believe they are the La Marzocco service center and dealer for all of Ontario

SO EXCITED, thanks in advance guys!

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#554: Post by rhtrevino replying to rolex »

Talk about a Merry Christmas! Congrats!

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#555: Post by Shakespeare »

rolex wrote:Holy CROW I was just informed by my family they're coming together to gift me a Linea Micra! There is a 5 year warranty addon at iDrinkCoffee for $329.99, do you think this is a good idea? Is anyone familiar with iDrinkCoffee and their addon warranty service?
I do believe they are the La Marzocco service center and dealer for all of Ontario

Congratulations, on the gift...
except some additional information on the extended warranty from idrinkcoffee. Yes they will sell an extended warranty.
If you make a claim it must go through the 'Canadian insurance company' to receive service.
Idrinksoffee is selling third party insurance coverage...similar to home owners insurance... it is important to read the small print.

iploya

#556: Post by iploya »

Playing around with in the Cart. Free ground shipping is a plus. Sales tax on 3,900 USD still stings.

Ben Z.

#557: Post by Ben Z. replying to iploya »

They didn't automatically apply sales tax on mine. Need to remember that come tax time.

iploya

#558: Post by iploya replying to Ben Z. »

Interesting, did you buy direct from La Marzocco Home (lamarzoccousa.com)?

Ben Z.

#559: Post by Ben Z. replying to iploya »

I did.

circky

#560: Post by circky »

rolex wrote:Holy CROW I was just informed by my family they're coming together to gift me a Linea Micra! There is a 5 year warranty addon at iDrinkCoffee for $329.99, do you think this is a good idea? Is anyone familiar with iDrinkCoffee and their addon warranty service?

Unless things have changed since 2020, I'm pretty sure idrinkcoffee isn't the official dealer. I'd check out stealth coffee systems if you're close to Toronto.

I bought my linea mini from idrinkcoffee back in 2020 and the box it came in had a shipping label from la Marzocco to stealth.

The sales staff at idrinkcoffee was great when I initially purchased it, but the after sales support wasn't the best when I had a unique problem with my machine.

I'd recommend taking that money you'd spend on the warranty and get it serviced annually from a technician instead.