La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 163

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
LVD

#1621: Post by LVD »

haber123 wrote:Hi all
Do you have any tips on how to steam milk with the micra? Pitcher size? Where to put the tip in the middle or at the side of the pitcher ?

Thanks
Pitcher size: the pitcher that comes with the Micra is the right size/shape for the Micra. I used to use Motta Europa pitchers with my old machine, but they don't work well for me with the Micra.

Tip placement: Top right quadrant works best for me. This is due to the limited length of the wand. Wand depth will depend a little on how much milk you use and the texture you want. For me, with a milk level of about 1/2" below the bottom of the spout, just put the tip in so the line between the tip and the wand is barely showing above the milk. Just turn it on and you don't have to move the pitcher at all until you're done. I use steam setting 3.

Kurvenal

#1622: Post by Kurvenal »

Ben Z. wrote:What serial number (xx the last digits if you want) are they up to?
Looks like it may depend on the color? Post #1614 above has a photo of a shipping box for a red Micra with a serial number just above 15600.
I took delivery of a yellow one yesterday and my serial number was just under 11000.

samsonpvr

#1623: Post by samsonpvr »

Are wet pucks the norm? They are very soupy compared to my lever.

Pigeontree

#1624: Post by Pigeontree »

I've experienced wet pucks when using darker roasts, but the pucks are super dry with my usual light - medium roasts.

vkennedy
Supporter ♡

#1625: Post by vkennedy »

I use one of these from Slow Pour. It's excellent.

https://www.slowpoursupply.co/collectio ... SVI.WD44pc

NelisB

#1626: Post by NelisB »

:mrgreen:
samsonpvr wrote:Are wet pucks the norm? They are very soupy compared to my lever.
Try E&B All in ONE basket and screen.

vkennedy
Supporter ♡

#1627: Post by vkennedy »

I just took delivery of Roast and Revel's "Custom Drip Tray Linea Micra". It's really nice.

The designer, Tobias von Werne, was kind enough to send me the first one that was shipped world-wide. I installed it today, it took longer to open the box and look at the parts then it did to install.

Here's what comes in the box:

Fill mod:

Platform that lifts the scale a bit. Clever little feet fit down in the grid keeping it from moving around:

Here's the grid installed:

Drip tray installed:

Plenty of headroom:

Nice packaging:

https://roastandrevel.de/custom-drip-tray-linea-micra/

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Roast & Revel other then being a happy customer!

mathof

#1628: Post by mathof »

I don't know if it really matters, but the Lunar scale instructions contain the following sentence:

*Note: For the best performance, place the weight in the center of the weighing pan.

https://cdn.acaia.co/web/doc/manuals/lu ... 605_EN.pdf

vkennedy
Supporter ♡

#1629: Post by vkennedy »

I tried putting the weighing plate centered over the scale and offset as you see in my photos. Using the same cup, the scale showed the same weight with the plate in both positions.

ira
Team HB

#1630: Post by ira »

mathof wrote:*Note: For the best performance, place the weight in the center of the weighing pan.
I believe it conceptually it matters, but I've never been able to change the reading by moving a weight around on the 3 scales I've tested.