La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 160

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Pigeontree

#1591: Post by Pigeontree »

espressoren wrote:What's the issue people are having with the screw?
At least in my case, the screw was denting my standard style puck screen, even when under-dosing, because of the solenoid valve pulling the puck up after extraction. The sworks screens don't seem to fall victim to this and prevents the sucking of the puck up into the group head.

Coffeechiro

#1592: Post by Coffeechiro »

Normcore makes a puck screen with a hole in the middle. Check on Amazon.

Pigeontree

#1593: Post by Pigeontree replying to Coffeechiro »

Why introduce the flow variable of a hole when the Sworks screens do the trick without it?

KanzaKruzer

#1594: Post by KanzaKruzer »

I routinely drop a paper filter on top to keep the shower screen clean. I always have an indentation after pulling a shot.
David

Morfious

#1595: Post by Morfious »

Any update on shipping times? I ordered a blue Micra and 2 espresso cups on 1/27/24 and the order is still listed as processing on the La Marzocco Home page. I got an email yesterday saying an order was shipping, but it was only 2.0 pounds. I think they are just sending the cups. :evil: I got no message or indication that they are bench testing or arranging delivery date as the welcome booklet stated.

Edit. Thanks for the replies. US based order here. Later today I got a much more clear e-mail. Shipping today, estimated delivery is 3/19

AndiDog

#1596: Post by AndiDog »

USA order here. I ordered a black Micra on January 25th, and got the shipping notification yesterday and a planned delivery date of March 18th.

The shipping notification for the Micra should include a link to tracking from Tazmanian Freight if in the US, as I understand it.

mkelley010

#1597: Post by mkelley010 »

1/23 order, bench testing was the 11th, shipped the following day. You will get an email when it ships. The delivery date on the freight site is not your actual delivery date though. They will call to arrange a date. Mine shows the 15th but expecting next week as they haven't called yet.

Petr
Supporter

#1598: Post by Petr »

How has shot consistency been?

razor488

#1599: Post by razor488 »

I ordered a black Micra on 1/29 and its scheduled to be delivered on 3/20

corffee_beanz

#1600: Post by corffee_beanz »

Ordered 2/1, informed machine will be on bench 3/20. That being said, my order is still in "Processing" so I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get a shipping notification 3/21 but I'm not holding out hope.

What's a few more days waiting though, right? :(