La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 147

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
soojineee

#1461: Post by soojineee »

Interesting.

How can I remove the gasket without an awl/pick? Will any flathead screwdriver work?

Fitz454

#1462: Post by Fitz454 »

SFWest wrote:I just got my Linea Micra yesterday and have auto standby at 20 min. Today (and yesterday) I swear the machine went into standby while I was pulling my shot. Has anybody experienced this?
Did it stop the shot or go into standby mode?

Because there is an auto stop/maximum shot time of 1 minute. But I did remember mine shutting off once after just pulling a shot. But it hasn't occurred a 2nd time.

SFWest

#1463: Post by SFWest »

Hmm maybe you're correct in that I hit the 1 min timer. All I recall is that the red light was pulsing every 4 seconds like it does when in standby.

boren

#1464: Post by boren »

wtfjostin wrote:When dialing in I have been trying pre-brew until puck is fully saturated (when I see the bottom of the basket start to drip) turning off for 5 seconds then full on until yield is what I want. If anyone sees any issues with this method would love some feedback.
In machines with a three-way valve ending the shot releases pressure and can unsit the puck. Do you get consistent results with this method? If so then it's probably not an issue with the Micra.

tburger42

#1465: Post by tburger42 »

Does anyone here have the european (220 - 240 V) version of the Micra? I'm very interested in getting a Micra, and there seems to be a great discount on them from 30.coffee (about $3100 US with shipping). The only sticking point is that it's the european version operating on 220-240 V. I'm in the US, and I was going to run a dedicated service with a new outlet anyway just because all my kitchen outlets are on one breaker and I could see the Micra tripping the circuit when it turns on... So it's really no difference to me to just run a 240 V service and use an adapter from a UK style to US style (or just put a US 240 V plug on the cord).

Just seeing if anyone knows if there's any other functional differences between the US and Euro versions besides the operating voltage. I would imagine it might be a benefit because it likely doesn't deal with any brew group / steam group heater priority...

PaulTheRoaster

#1466: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

tburger42 wrote:Just seeing if anyone knows if there's any other functional differences between the US and Euro versions besides the operating voltage. I would imagine it might be a benefit because it likely doesn't deal with any brew group / steam group heater priority...
I don't think there is a boiler priority scheme, since from a cold start the brew boiler is ready in 5 minutes and the steam boiler 3 minutes later. The 240V has 1850W to the 120V's 1600W. Warranty/reselling could be more difficult, but that is a big discount!

kitt

#1467: Post by kitt »

tburger42 wrote:Does anyone here have the european (220 - 240 V) version of the Micra? I'm very interested in getting a Micra, and there seems to be a great discount on them from 30.coffee (about $3100 US with shipping). The only sticking point is that it's the european version operating on 220-240 V. I'm in the US, and I was going to run a dedicated service with a new outlet anyway just because all my kitchen outlets are on one breaker and I could see the Micra tripping the circuit when it turns on... So it's really no difference to me to just run a 240 V service and use an adapter from a UK style to US style (or just put a US 240 V plug on the cord).

Just seeing if anyone knows if there's any other functional differences between the US and Euro versions besides the operating voltage. I would imagine it might be a benefit because it likely doesn't deal with any brew group / steam group heater priority...
The main issues would be if there is any shipping damage and getting it covered in the USA, or having to ship it back. Also think of re selling the machine will be less desirable. Also getting electrical parts at service time, it will still be possible, but may incur delays if they have to order them from overseas...

Pigeontree

#1468: Post by Pigeontree »

tburger42 wrote:Does anyone here have the european (220 - 240 V) version of the Micra? I'm very interested in getting a Micra, and there seems to be a great discount on them from 30.coffee (about $3100 US with shipping). The only sticking point is that it's the european version operating on 220-240 V. I'm in the US, and I was going to run a dedicated service with a new outlet anyway just because all my kitchen outlets are on one breaker and I could see the Micra tripping the circuit when it turns on... So it's really no difference to me to just run a 240 V service and use an adapter from a UK style to US style (or just put a US 240 V plug on the cord).

My main concern would be whether or not LM would still honor the warranty of a EU machine being used in the US. I personally would confirm the warranty status directly through LM, and if it is not covered, decide if it's worth the discount to forego the warranty. It very well may be- just worth confirming IMO!

tburger42

#1469: Post by tburger42 »

Yeah I definitely understand the risk aspects insofar as warranty and parts and whatnot. It's just, the thing is almost $1100 cheaper than buying in the US and that brings it into my current budget level so it's very tempting. I might check with them if I'm voiding the warranty by running it like that, but I can't see why it would, or rather, how they would know. I'm confident in my ability to repair it if something breaks so long as I can order parts, and I would imagine most of the parts are the same. The heater coils on the boilers are likely the only thing different and that's likely the reason the wattage is different between the US and EU versions. The other electronics likely run on a DC bus that's powered by a supply similar to what's used for pretty much all laptops everywhere (those have converters to accept 120 or 240 V).

Appreciate the comments. I'll be sure to report here if I go this route.

Pigeontree

#1470: Post by Pigeontree replying to tburger42 »

Just throwing this out there, but if you buy the Micra + the Pico, you'll save 15% off of both, you can then sell the Pico, which will offset a good chunk of the price of the Micra. I did this myself and the Pico sold quickly for $650.