La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 144

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?

#1431: Post by 309701 »

Hi all, not sure if this is ok to ask here but I have a Linea Micra and was wondering if anyone has tried the following: create a hacky version of a "brew-by-weight" with an acaia scale.

zweckj created 2 awesome Homeassistant integrations for both the Linea Micra (which I own) and the Acaia scales (which I don't own yet). (https://github.com/zweckj/acaia & https://github.com/zweckj/lamarzocco)

My understanding is that Homeassistant knows the brewed weight (with the acaia integration) and with the lamarzocco intergration you can turn off the Linea Micra.

What if you create an automation (or use Node-RED) that says: if amount of grams = 34, then turn off the Micra.

Would this work? And if yes, do you think it could harm the elektronics by turning the entire machine off mid-pull?

espressoren

#1432: Post by espressoren »

From my read, it looked like only the GS3 is capable of the dosing API. That is, the dose buttons on the GS3 are controllable, same as with the official app. There are no such buttons on the Micra, nor a way to dose or control the paddle with the official app.

That doesn't mean there is no way to do it, just that it seems for now the HA integration seems to at most mirror what the official apps can do. Shutting off the whole machine when a weight is met might work but it's a bit heavy handed and you'll need to turn it on again to steam or flush.

I went slightly more hardware route and am controlling the actual paddle control with a relay. DIY Brew By Weight Acaia/Micra

#1433: Post by 309701 »

Yes, switching the main switch is a bit heavy indeed. Your solution is way more elegant :) I'll head over to that thread for more questions. Thanks!

jdelin86

#1434: Post by jdelin86 »

Hi! New to the forum. Just received my Linea Micra & had a question about standby mode: I appear to have it enabled in the appp but both lights are staying on, & the machine is still warm. Does this mean it's not in standby mode / am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Joel

*sigh*

#1435: Post by *sigh* replying to jdelin86 »

Yeah, if both lights are on it's on. Did you manually put it in standby or did you just add a schedule?

jdelin86

#1436: Post by jdelin86 »

I set it to 20 mins in the Auto Stand-By section of the Settings section

Pigeontree

#1437: Post by Pigeontree »

The timer for standby begins after pulling a shot, did you pull a shot and it still didn't go into standby after 20min?

jdelin86

#1438: Post by jdelin86 »

Correct

Pigeontree

#1439: Post by Pigeontree replying to jdelin86 »

Strange! Is the machine working properly otherwise? You went through the initial set-up that flushes the machine and all that?

jdelin86

#1440: Post by jdelin86 »

Yeh. Have contacted LM, machine was v hot so they suggested could just be taking a while to cool down. Have put it in standby mode manually from the app in mean time, try again tomorrow!

Will let you know how I get on, appreciate the help :)

Joel