La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 143

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Pigeontree

#1421: Post by Pigeontree »

Yes you can adjust the steam power in the app under settings -> temperature.

Water in the reservoir should just be refilled when it gets low (it will warn you, the red light will go off and the blue light will just blink when it needs refilling). If you use it frequently there shouldn't be any issues.

soojineee

#1422: Post by soojineee »

Hello,

I just experienced by Micra's first tooting today and I was surprised by it.

I know this is normal and the machine is releasing pressure, but is there any way to know when this usually occurs? The sound was a very short bellow which happened twice.

Also, can I wash the following items with dishwater soap and a no scratch sponge pad in the dishwasher?

1. Drip tray (not the grate)
2. Espresso baskets and screen

Thank you.

kitt

#1423: Post by kitt »

There's been quite a lot of talk about the stumpy wand, but my first few attempts were pretty good, i do struggle doing very small quantities of milk and getting the tip deep enough. I know the work around to angle the wand the other way, but it felt odd...
Any way, thought i'd try this experiment;

An old GS3 wand i had , No it isn't cool touch and gets very hot, it also will not position over drip tray, but i tend to purge into a cloth any way. I did prefer it for positioning the wand, but not sure if i'll make it permanent due to having to mod the top plate etc...

arkiebob

#1424: Post by arkiebob »

Just a random thought, but if we refer to the Linea Mini as LMLM maybe we could call the Linea Micra LMLU. The u is for 'micro' as in SI units µL, etc. Anyone else like this idea?

Ben Z.

#1425: Post by Ben Z. »

Last week my micra suddenly got quite a bit noisier during the shot. Happened right after I refilled the water reservoir. It wasn't any lower than normal when I refilled it (didn't engage the low water indicator). It doesn't sound like a rattle, more like when a pump gets air in it or something.

Anyone else experience?

Unrelated : I bought a thin Puck screen with a hole in the center that seems to work perfectly with the screw. I like it so far (just a couple of days in).

enigma1406

#1426: Post by enigma1406 »

arkiebob wrote:Just a random thought, but if we refer to the Linea Mini as LMLM maybe we could call the Linea Micra LMLU. The u is for 'micro' as in SI units µL, etc. Anyone else like this idea?
This is already common. See the Micra review from HB. Most use a lower case u to looks more like the Greek letter mu

Aquarium_5

#1427: Post by Aquarium_5 »

Hello, this is my first post...apologies if the topic has been raised before.
I just purchased a La Marzocco Micra and Eureka Mignon XL. Really enjoying reading all the comments in this thread.
Question: I find that the LM portafilter doesn't fit great into the slot on the XL grinder....its nowhere near a handless experience. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the "handshake" better between the portafilter and the XL? Thanks so much.

Keiichi

#1428: Post by Keiichi »

Ben Z. wrote:Last week my micra suddenly got quite a bit noisier during the shot. Happened right after I refilled the water reservoir. It wasn't any lower than normal when I refilled it (didn't engage the low water indicator). It doesn't sound like a rattle, more like when a pump gets air in it or something.

Anyone else experience?
I am experiencing the same every few weeks. I think it happens with the first shot the day after I emptied the water tank. Although for me it sounds more like a rattle.

sternalot

#1429: Post by sternalot »

This is incredibly funny looking, so I appreciate you doing this.

arkiebob

#1430: Post by arkiebob »

Knew I couldn't be the first to have this thought! Thanks for letting me know that it's already a thing.