La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 117

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
soojineee

#1161: Post by soojineee »

baldheadracing wrote:You're going to have to be a bit more specific as to "lighter roast espressos."

For example, I'd say that the Micra is just fine for something like a Tim Wendelboe espresso roast in a VST basket with no pre-infusion, no pre-wetting, or no change in pressure - although I would raise the brew temperature, but that is a personal preference. (Yes, ideally, the pressure would be dropped a bar or so instead of raising brew temperature, but you still won't 'need' pre-infusion.)

OTOH, if you want to pull ultra-light filter roasts that need weeks of rest just to be drinkable (even as pourover), then you may want to consider a machine that offers some form of flow/pressure control, etc.
Thank you for the example-I was thinking of more acidic and brighter African coffees, but if you say Nordic roasts will be OK then I'll be happy. Thank you again.

CrabRangoon

#1162: Post by CrabRangoon »

baldheadracing wrote:You're going to have to be a bit more specific as to "lighter roast espressos."

For example, I'd say that the Micra is just fine for something like a Tim Wendelboe espresso roast in a VST basket with no pre-infusion, no pre-wetting, or no change in pressure - although I would raise the brew temperature, but that is a personal preference. (Yes, ideally, the pressure would be dropped a bar or so instead of raising brew temperature, but you still won't 'need' pre-infusion.)
This is positive to hear, as a TW espresso subscriber planning on a Micra - but it's entirely the opposite of my Cremina shots (long preinfusion & declining pressure mostly around 5-6bar). Can't wait to see differences between the lever shots and pump, as I've been on the lever & TW beans for many years now.
LMWDP #505

Advertisement
imbenanderson

#1163: Post by imbenanderson »

I have had a reply back from La Marzocco on the update of the app

This version has been created to improve the water sensor and will show on the app when is time to refill, it's also set up for the new release of the plumbing kit " preview coming soon".

demitry_cy

#1164: Post by demitry_cy »

Received new Micra today, portafilter is super tight, not sure my wife would be able to handle it, was worried something is wrong with my machine and found this thread :D

KKUK

#1165: Post by KKUK replying to demitry_cy »

Recommend a silicone gasket, it doesn't change the lock position but you don't have to put in as much force for a tight seal compared to the stock one.

demitry_cy

#1166: Post by demitry_cy replying to KKUK »

Where do I get one?

rlair

#1167: Post by rlair »

In the lm home app, it says after the update, you will be able to continue to brew for up to 30s after the empty tank alart.

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1168: Post by baldheadracing »

soojineee wrote:Thank you for the example-I was thinking of more acidic and brighter African coffees, but if you say Nordic roasts will be OK then I'll be happy. Thank you again.
Keep in mind that when people say "Nordic roast," these days they may well be referring to something lighter than Tim Wendelboe's espresso roast.
CrabRangoon wrote:This is positive to hear, as a TW espresso subscriber planning on a Micra - but it's entirely the opposite of my Cremina shots (long preinfusion & declining pressure mostly around 5-6bar). Can't wait to see differences between the lever shots and pump, as I've been on the lever & TW beans for many years now.
To be clear, my answer was in the context of:
soojineee wrote:... will I be SOL for lighter roast espressos because I can't pre-infuse?
If I was pulling TW's espresso regularly on a Micra, then I'd probably drop the pressure down to 110psi/7.6bar (Scace 2 pressure, not whatever is on the machine's pressure gauge).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

matthewh133

#1169: Post by matthewh133 »

Has anyone received a white machine recently? I ordered 2 weeks ago and wondering what a realistic timeline might be. They say 6-8 weeks but I'm not sure if their estimates are typically accurate?

Houtex

#1170: Post by Houtex replying to matthewh133 »

Monday will be four weeks since I ordered my white. No word yet.
Last I heard from someone getting a white on FB page, he got it around week 5.