La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 101

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jaroslav (original poster)

#1001: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

imbenanderson wrote:Has anyone any idea on descaling? I do my usual backflush every week or 2 but in the long run I guess there will be a scale build up. There's nothing in the manual about descaling and not much online for the micra.
I don't want to sound mean, I hope it won't - You're supposed to use water that doesn't cause scale buildup rather than descale, they give you all you need to figure out your water. :)
Jaroslav

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#1002: Post by nsgymd replying to Jaroslav »

FWIW...I use Volvic water ordered through WalMart

imbenanderson

#1003: Post by imbenanderson »

Not sounding mean at all, thanks for replying.

I have done the tests and I use filtered water that matches the table in the manual but I was under the assumption that all water causes scale buildup after a while.

espressoren

#1004: Post by espressoren »

They talk about draining the boiler regularly in the tech tips article, saying this will reduce mineral buildup, but not the same as a full descale with chemicals.

https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/tech-tip ... -machines/

Jaroslav (original poster)

#1005: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

imbenanderson wrote:Not sounding mean at all, thanks for replying.

I have done the tests and I use filtered water that matches the table in the manual but I was under the assumption that all water causes scale buildup after a while.
You can use water that minimizes scale buildup to a point where you shouldn't ever need to descale. I think with regular maintenance and soft filtered water, you'll only need to do this very rarely in the machine's lifetime (if ever). As far as I know, if it ever comes to that, most people let professionals do the work on the machine. It requires taking everything apart, soaking and putting everything together.
Jaroslav

mjonesjr

#1006: Post by mjonesjr »

What others have said - if you're coming from something like a Breville and used to routine descaling, you shouldn't need to do that with the LM (if you use proper water).

DNL1818

#1007: Post by DNL1818 »

Hi,
I have a new grinder with my lmlm :mrgreen:

sjc3

#1008: Post by sjc3 »

Nice. Looks like your backplate is nicely polished. When did you take delivery? Hoping mine doesn't come with the scuffed/brushed look.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#1009: Post by Shakespeare »

Pprior wrote:We have used nano bond 9h ceramic on lots of stuff (https://amzn.to/3K1UrhJ) at our home - outside on stainless steel wine fridge and furniture it helps keep corrosion down and looks great. It also makes paint shine. I just wanted to make sure there was no reason to avoid It on this machine - obviously it can go on car hoods that get hot but sometimes it's what you don't know that gets you.
I have been using a specific coating called "Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating" It is expensive but is absolutely an amazing product and solution. I use it in the automotive field. The coating is supported to last 5 years in the harsh outside environment.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/grap ... ™-advanced

It also has a UV Flashlight and our patent-pending UV Tracer Technology to affirm the ares that has been applied.

Pprior

#1010: Post by Pprior »

Got my micra out of the box yesterday - FYI - backplate is perfectly polished.