La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 10

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
PaulTheRoaster

#91: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

espressoren wrote:Looks like there is no plumbing kit for it yet? I'm guessing at least for the water line you could use some sort of standard hose like one for a dish washer or water filter, maybe a 1/4" FIPS?
I plumbed mine today. A 3/16" barb fitting fits the inlet hose quite snugly. The machine was inoperable (before and after activating plumbed-in mode) indicating a water problem. After scratching my head for a while I jumpered the water reservoir level circuit and it brews again. Line-level pre-infusion works quite well.

A bspp fitting on the pump would be better but *shrug*.

(I looked at the mini plumb kit and it comes with a plate to jumper the water level circuit. A bit silly since there's a setting in the app for this.)

espressoren

#92: Post by espressoren replying to PaulTheRoaster »

Cool, thanks! I can't wait. I think pre-infusion solves quite a bit when it comes to having some of the versatility people look for with flow control. Easier to extract any lighter roasts I might want to experiment with, anyway.

I'll probably do a push fitting. I just can't see it worth the effort to open up the machine and swap out the existing line - plus I can easily go back to the reservoir at any time without having to reattach the original line. I can understand why they'd provide the kit with braided hose and want you to direct connect the mini for a more "commercial" install.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#93: Post by cannonfodder »

There will be an official plumb-in kit offered by LM in the very near future.

I received a bespoke kit today so I can plumb in the Micra when it arrives Monday for the next leg of the La Marzocco Linea Micra Espresso Machine Review. I wanted to include the line pressure pre-infusion as part of my review.

I did something similar with my Elektra A3 using mains pressure and an adjustable delay on make SSR and it worked very well. The La Marzocco solution is a bit more sophisticated and app adjusted which should make it user-friendly.
Dave Stephens

lagoon

#94: Post by lagoon »

cannonfodder wrote:There will be an official plumb-in kit offered by LM in the very near future.

I received a bespoke kit today so I can plumb in the Micra when it arrives Monday for the next leg of the La Marzocco Linea Micra Espresso Machine Review.
Nice. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the plumbing process. Will you be doing the drip tray too?

cannonfodder
Team HB

#95: Post by cannonfodder »

I will not be doing a 'how to plumb in' since what I have is not the official kit but will be testing the preinfusion functionality. I will grab a few screenshots of the app setup since that is production.

It is a simple process to plumb in and drain out. If you can turn a wrench and screwdriver, you can plumb it in and out. You could look at the La Marzocco GS3 or Mini plumb-in instructions/kit and get a very good idea of the physical process.
Dave Stephens

CoffeeManiac_

#96: Post by CoffeeManiac_ »

Anybody from Canada receive their Linea Micra yet?

I ordered mine last week from Stealth Café, hoping I receive my machine before their ETA in January!

Silentsim

#97: Post by Silentsim replying to CoffeeManiac_ »

I have, just setting it up

NewCoffeeGuy1

#98: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Stop holding out on us.

Jake_G
Team HB

#99: Post by Jake_G »

PaulTheRoaster wrote:I plumbed mine today. A 3/16" barb fitting fits the inlet hose quite snugly. The machine was inoperable (before and after activating plumbed-in mode) indicating a water problem. After scratching my head for a while I jumpered the water reservoir level circuit and it brews again. Line-level pre-infusion works quite well.
This is actually quite welcome news for the few owners that plan on trying out the line pressure preinfusion without plumbing in. The preheat coil wrapped around the steam boiler beneath the insulation should yield a low flow preinfusion "source" that will roughly match the steam boiler pressure. Once I get my turn in line, I'll verify this with a blind basket and then see how it translates to results in the cup. I also plan on plumbing in, so I should be able to get some data on the difference between faux preinfusion using the tank and true line pressure preinfusion when plumbed.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

another_jim
Team HB

#100: Post by another_jim »

Jake_G wrote: ... The preheat coil wrapped around the steam boiler beneath the insulation should yield a low flow preinfusion "source" that will roughly match the steam boiler pressure.
:shock: Wow, that's brilliant. So opening the brew valve without running the pump might get a heat powered 1.5 bar or so preinfusion powered by the steam boiler? LM missed it, and put in their micky mouse stutter pump thing instead. If it works, you get massive bragging rights.
Jim Schulman