La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 9

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mctrials23

#81: Post by mctrials23 »

Oh i'm not suggesting its a design flaw, I just assume that mine is slightly off and its causing issues for me. Most people might be absolutely fine.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#82: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

coffeenewb56 wrote: I'll take another look next time I pull a shot. Here's a video I posted previously with my setup and I don't notice any issue placing the scale on the middle beam.
Nice dogs. Nice chair.

Advertisement
espressoren

#83: Post by espressoren »

drH wrote: Red is such a festive color. I always like the red color of my Maximatic - maybe it's the better choice!
Hope so! My cabinets are a navy blue with white countertop. Thought it might add a bit of color to the "break room" rather than doing a neutral.

So to answer my own question it looks like there aren't plumbing kits yet for the Micra - however in reviewing the Mini I see there are third party kits that just do a push-on attachment to the reservoir hose, rather than opening up the machine and replacing the fitting and hose at the pump. In absence of an official kit I don't expect it will be too difficult to cobble together something and treat it similar to an ice maker line, at least for the supply.

Still wondering if this will result in a real preinfusion, probably?

Zoobee

#84: Post by Zoobee »

mctrials23 wrote:The only other issue is that the cup tray rattles a lot with mugs on it when pulling shots
Check the large LM Mini thread. Some people using a hack where they cut a bit of rubber mat to go under the cup tray to dampen the vibrations. I've considered doing the same with mine.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#85: Post by Shakespeare replying to Zoobee »

I have used silicone super thin mats similar to these. Protects the Stainless cup tray from abrasion from unglazed cup surfaces and
might assist in reducing the amount or frequency of these vibrations. There are other very inexpensive mats that are
slightly thicker silicone sheets.. That might be a superior material for vibrations.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Placema ... 57460&th=1

rmag

#86: Post by rmag »

Update on smell.

Tech came to the house. LM is taking this very seriously and did a ton of bench testing in Indiana and Italy. Current thinking is that it has to do with a type of bolt lubricant near the boiler. Some machines have more lubricant than others, leading to a strong smell when they're heated up. LM says it's taking them about 24 hours of operation to bake off the smell. So that's probably a week of strong odors at home, depending how long you run the machine.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#87: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 replying to rmag »

Interesting thanks. For clarity: did the tech say to leave it on continuously to burn it off asap, let it burn over time as you use it, or does it not matter either way?

Advertisement
Stratopeak

#88: Post by Stratopeak »

Thanks so much for the update! Mine still has the smell, but seems better than when I first received the machine. I agree that La Marzocco is doing a good job keeping everyone up to date and doing their best to troubleshoot and rectify the issue.

Mine does not have the cup tray rattle that other have noted and the Acaia scale seems to be fine on the tray.

rmag

#89: Post by rmag »

After I posted this, I got a call from someone high up at LM. They are aware of the issue and sounds like they have done a ton to rectify it, including changing their bench testing steps.

They said they have put all their equipment into an oven and baked for 24 hours and the smell disappeared. Said it was fine to run the machine the whole time until smell went away. Sounds like there's some variation based on amount of lubricant that was used.

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#90: Post by nsgymd »

The smell from my machine dissipated after 10 days of morning use.